Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So, are they worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mat View Post
    I would agree that within the VW scene the Corrado is still well respected, but step outside that and you quite often find people who have no clue what it is (they've heard of the current Scirocco obviously, but often they didn't even know that's a remake).

Talking of which, the latest facelift Scirocco. Is it just me or is it quite ugly?

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.
    It has gone well downhill.
    I said to my Mrs the other day the more its been facelifted the worse it looks.
    Just take a look at the rear and the dead straight line that sits under the tail gate.
    Yep pretty ugly to be honest.
    I remember the first concepts of what people thought we be the new corrado and they looked stunning

Last edited by Dazz_G60_Wales; 12th August 2017 at 10:37 AM.
    Dazz
    Nugget G60 .
    Slowly getting the bananarado back to standard guise.

Dazz
    Nugget G60 .

Quote Originally Posted by Walsey View Post
    it's been 7 years since I last drove a Corrado
    I think that could well be mine!

Was just thinking hold on, I bought mine about 7 years ago from a chap in Cornwall with a similar name...

Anyway, still got it 7 years later. It's served me well... few bumps and scrapes along the way but is still pretty solid. I've got a thread on here if you fancy having a look, although I have to admit I'm not very good at keeping it updated.
    '9 4 A q u a B l u e V R 6

If it's the 94 Aqua Blue VR6 in your sig then yes that was probably me, but it would have been a bit longer than 7 years ago you bought it, I had another one after that! Glad to hear you still have it!

So, anyone near Bath and can have a look at a car for me?
    Last edited by Walsey; 12th August 2017 at 9:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bacon View Post
    Is this the Walesy of old reincarnated as Walsey, or somebody completely different

Anyway, can't believe tatty old VR6s are fetching 8-9K! I bet most of them have knackered engines, so another £3k needed on top for a freshen up or R32 conversion!
    Yeah 'tis I, couldn't get into my old account so had to register a new one, hope you're well Mr Haywire?

In reply to the original question 'So, are they worth it?' Absolutely, one hundred percent ......... if you get a good one! I don't drive mine that often but I took it out today & for a twenty one year old car it still put's a smile on my face. After all this time it looks fantastic, goes, sounds & handles really well & they are increasingly rare & still feel special. I think they still represent really good value for the enthusiast.
    1996 Corrado Storm Mystic Blue

Also out today Sun shining stopped at a pub for a safe pint with the Mrs.
    Everyone who came in after just looked at it,you dont get that with yer average ford focus .
    I remember back in my capri days when it was all about go faster stripes and twin webber carbs but when a jenson interceptor or a renault alpine went past you just stared at it with awe.
    Thats us now lol
    Last edited by Dazz_G60_Wales; 12th August 2017 at 9:35 PM.
    Dazz
    Nugget G60 .

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz_G60_Wales View Post
    Also out today Sun shining stopped at a pub for a safe pint with the Mrs.
    Everyone who came in after just looked at it,you dont get that with yer average ford focus .
    I remember back in my capri days when it was all about go faster stripes and twin webber carbs but when a jenson interceptor or a renault alpine went past you just stared at it with awe.
    Thats us now lol
    I remember that exact feeling, ha ha, i must be getting old, as that put a smile on my face
    Mint 1991 1.8 16v bordeaux pearl
    Ford Ranger Thunder
    Mercedes SLK 350 R171
    Seat Ibiza Sportrider
    Audi TT quattro 280bhp, gone but not forgotten

Enthusiast
    I bought mine in 2001 for 9.5k with 77k miles on it. It now has 101000k miles and I've spent about 5-6k keeping it maintained. It's been in storage more often than it's been out. I thought about selling it several times over the years but now I know I'll never sell it. My boy loves it so it'll probably be part of his inheritance someday. Lol. I used to be very pickey about keeping the vw service history and stuff but now I do everything myself with it and this has rejouvinated my interest in the car. I know it's history, everything now works yes because everything broke but all the trials and tribulations along the way are part of it's character to me. I wouldn't sell mine for £20k. I honestly don't care if people think they're too cheap or too expensive. Just my 2p ��
    Satin Silver VRG
    ccgb 1667

Quality never goes out of Style!

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I bought mine in 2001 for 9.5k with 77k miles on it. It now has 101000k miles and I've spent about 5-6k keeping it maintained. It's been in storage more often than it's been out. I thought about selling it several times over the years but now I know I'll never sell it. My boy loves it so it'll probably be part of his inheritance someday. Lol. I used to be very pickey about keeping the vw service history and stuff but now I do everything myself with it and this has rejouvinated my interest in the car. I know it's history, everything now works yes because everything broke but all the trials and tribulations along the way are part of it's character to me. I wouldn't sell mine for £20k. I honestly don't care if people think they're too cheap or too expensive. Just my 2p ��
    Couldn't agree more - I've had my vr6(my second one after a g60) for about 5 years now and although I've not done many miles as its a second car,I'd rather have it sat doing nothing in the garage than sell it, although I nearly put it up for sale a while ago because I just don't use it much. Thank god I saw sense!!!