Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1996 Corrado VR6 for sale

1996 Corrado VR6 for sale

Sadly I need to sell my Corrado VR6 Mark 2 as I need a car with more space for luggage. It has done 122,000 miles and is in good but not perfect condition. It goes well and has comfortable leather seats.
    The brake pipes and the rear beam bushes were replaced in 2010, other parts have been replaced from time to time, and in June 2017 a couple of ABS sensors were replaced together with the ignition coil pack, sparkplugs, HT leads and battery. The MOT is dated 28 June 2017. The rear spoiler works well but the sunroof has recently got too stiff.
    It includes four spare 15 inch 6.5J Speedline wheels and four other VW wheels.
    I would like it to go to an enthusiast but it is challenging to set a price. I have in mind £3,900 or offers.
    I'm based in Bath and you can contact me on 07870 681747.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lovely looking last of the line VR6!

Bargain I would say, someone will surely snap that of your hands

And it's black!!!

CF Nutter
    That's a giveaway price if it's as good in the flesh.
    CCGB 2278
    Past VW Drives: 86 Golf CL, 90 Golf GTI, 90 Corrado 16v, 90 Golf GTI, 96 Golf GTI, 94 Storm Grey Corrado VR, Polo 1.4 CL, 88 Jetta GTI, 90 Golf GTI , 2003 Fabia vRs, 00 Polo GTI
    Current Drives: 94 Aqua Blue VR 89 Golf Mk2 GTI
    07 Fabia VRS Special Edition, Octavia VRS Estate, Kawasaki ZZR 600.

virtuoso23 ... VR6 South ... thanks ... I don't want anyone to think that it is perfect but I'm hoping for a fair price from an enthusiastic purchaser ... best wishes ... T

CF Nutter
    A picture of the engine bay and close ups of the bodywork would help the sale.
    CCGB 2278
    Past VW Drives: 86 Golf CL, 90 Golf GTI, 90 Corrado 16v, 90 Golf GTI, 96 Golf GTI, 94 Storm Grey Corrado VR, Polo 1.4 CL, 88 Jetta GTI, 90 Golf GTI , 2003 Fabia vRs, 00 Polo GTI
    Current Drives: 94 Aqua Blue VR 89 Golf Mk2 GTI
    07 Fabia VRS Special Edition, Octavia VRS Estate, Kawasaki ZZR 600.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by VR6 South View Post
    And a picture of drivers seat - can't be sure but looks like bolster is worn?

Quote Originally Posted by VR6 South View Post
    and more details regarding the car and history?..you have alluded to it not being a perfect example but dont's mention what needs attention. It looks nice from the photos provided. GLWTS
    94 2.0 16v Manual Classic Green/Black Cloth M447 BLE, 95 VR6 Manual Aqua Blue/Black Cloth N585 BUA, 95 Storm Manual Mystic Blue/Black Lthr M200 DAN, 94 VR6 Manual Classic Green/Beige Lthr M159 LYF, 96 VR6 Automatic Moonlight Blue/Black Lthr N866 XSS, 94 VR6 Manual Classic Green/Grey Lthr M803 XMB, 95 Storm Manual Classic Green/Beige Lthr M964 XSX, 94 VR6 Manual Aqua Blue/Beige Lthr M420 BOY, 95 VR6 Manual Blackberry/Black Lthr N320 MRN.

normally stuck under a car or bonnet some where
    ive got too agree with the above as someone looking for a car you need more details of history and pictures
    so get clicking and writing
    www.vagdivision.com

Yep, full details would be good!

OK. Thanks for your advice.
    Here's a picture of the driver's seat. I think it's OK but I suppose it has lost a bit of colour on the bolster.
    And here's the engine bay. It's original. The radiator fan switch and thermostat have been replaced in addition to the items mentioned previously. I've been advised to delay replacing the timing chain as the original is not yet making the thrashing noise that would suggest wear.
    The current MOT certificate advised 'Oil leak' and the oil pressure switch has been replaced to cure this. From time to time in the past it has been suggested that the front near-side and off-side lower rear rubber bushes have 'deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement' but this has not been mentioned on the current MOT certificate.
    Here's the odometer reading.
    A couple of years ago a few small areas were treated with Jenolite to stop rust and this seems to have been successful although I'm sure you could do the work more elegantly ... there were three small areas around the windscreen and the seams at the rear of the rear wings ... hopefully you can see from the photos ... there are now perhaps half a dozen very small areas where similar treatment will be needed in the future but otherwise the panels all look good.
    Here's my collection of spare wheels. The current front off-side wheel loses a bit of air and, if I had been keeping the car, my plan would have been to choose the four or five best wheels and have them properly refurbished.
    I've owned the car since 2008 and it has been and remains brilliant to drive.
    Thanks again for your comments and please tell me if you want more information ... although actually I don't think there is much more.
    Attached Images Attached Images