Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 16v Corrado

After reading and reading up on 20v swaps, I found this down the road and got in the van to pick it up !

Got everything included which I needed aswell.
    I've started getting the engine ready to go in by cleaning and getting bits powder coated. Also new timing belt and pieces while it's out.

Anyone have any tips or good how to's on this swps. I've read alot so pretty clued up but things like connecting fuel lines and water lines to heater matrix. Also taking my old loom out.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Nice one. The corrado is definitely suited for more power and will easily take it once properly set up. I was running 265 bhp and the chassis had no issues. Picking up a complete engine with looms and ecu is spot on and will make life easier. The wiring once you get into it isn't very difficult, the hardest part I found was trying to work the connectors behind the fuse box with limited space. There are a few people on here with 20v swaps that will be very willing to give advice but essentially they drop in very easily onto the original 16v mounts. I'm always learning myself but please ask if you need any advice, I've just dropped an AMK into mine after my mishap with my AEB engine plus have a full K04 conversion from that engine if you were interested in a bit more power. Which engine code do you have now?

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I'd also send you in the direction of Trackslag for one of their downpipes plus Autosiliconehose for bits and pieces of plumbing

Quote Originally Posted by odub View Post
    Nice one. The corrado is definitely suited for more power and will easily take it once properly set up. I was running 265 bhp and the chassis had no issues. Picking up a complete engine with looms and ecu is spot on and will make life easier. The wiring once you get into it isn't very difficult, the hardest part I found was trying to work the connectors behind the fuse box with limited space. There are a few people on here with 20v swaps that will be very willing to give advice but essentially they drop in very easily onto the original 16v mounts. I'm always learning myself but please ask if you need any advice, I've just dropped an AMK into mine after my mishap with my AEB engine plus have a full K04 conversion from that engine if you were interested in a bit more power. Which engine code do you have now?
    Cheers dude. I'm getting someone to do the loom for me but taking it out is daunting me as I'm not the best with wiring and it scares me haha. Yeah I'm going to use my wheel or a g60 with a vr6 clutch and my box just for ease. Also going to buy a bigger intercooler and induction so I can get it mapped. Not looking for mega power but 220 will do me

Quote Originally Posted by odub View Post
    I'd also send you in the direction of Trackslag for one of their downpipes plus Autosiliconehose for bits and pieces of plumbing
    I'm going to do my own downpipe as I'm a stainless pipe welder so should be easy enough engine code is auq

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I'm very jealous if you can do your own fab work. You'll probably find your gearbox very short on the ratios with more torque added with a fair bit of wheel spin, it could be worth fitting a different box at this stage whilst it's apart. An oversize TIP always give a nice little chunk of extra power on the induction side if it helps. Can't wait to see it in the car and running, the turbo engines are very addictive and I'm sure you'll be after more power soon

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Doesn't the BAM set up make the intercooler pipework easier - throttle body on the right?

In my garage, somewhere near the top of Suffolk
    Nice buy, look forward to seeing the build

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Doesn't the BAM set up make the intercooler pipework easier - throttle body on the right?
    If you put the cooler in the middle both style of engines are easy and cross for one side to the other, the BAM is neater though in my opinion
    Graham
    20v Turbo, Audi TT Leather, 17" BBS, 330mm front discs with Brembo;s, 256mm rear, Digital dash in development
    OEM++

Stripped the engine down last night ready to throw some gunk on it to clean it and paint the block. Also doing the cam belt whilst I'm there. Took the inlet and rocker cover off and got a mate powder coating them for me.

Regular
    Looks good and good luck with the build. I fancy sticking one of these engines in a Porsche 924, but will keep my Corrado!
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303