Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What job do you have

Enthusiast
    Another Engineer here - I look after Railway bridges in the North of England. Probably not much use to other forum members, but the things I've learned on car maintenance can also be applied to metallic structures!
    Corrado G60

Enthusiast
    I have a few railway bridges by me which get hit by anything as one bridge is down to one track

Blog Entries
    Been doing commercial vehicle body building for about 12 years prior to that vehicle mechanic (I hate the term technician)
    can't spell but i tri my bast

G60 in gary billt on 31 12 1991 now 16VG60

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 bandit View Post
    I have a few railway bridges by me which get hit by anything as one bridge is down to one track
    Happens an awful lot unfortunately, I'm on the Eastern side of thy UK, but we've just replaced one in the Yorkshire moors that took a hell of a whack last Match from a bin lorry, and bent the track out of alignment....
    Corrado G60

I use to do the scaffolding in the Midlands back in the 90s for when a car had driven over a bridge or the wall had been damaged and had to build a beam bridge scaffold over the track and tie everything down, you want to feel the force of a train coming under the scaffolding once scaffolding was completed and track open again. Most of the work were nights hell of a job.
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 4:26 PM.