Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Fitting the cda filter .

  1. #1
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ robrado974's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd September 2009
    Location
    paignton devon
    Posts
    6,141

    Fitting the cda filter .

    Iíve just purchased one of these second hand . Iíve removed the old KnN filter and thought I could just push it straight on , but it looks like I need a connecting hose , as the two ends are the same size . Could someone put a couple of detailed pics up for me please ?. I had a look on google but I couldnít find a detailed pic .
    Kind regards
    Rob



    92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

    The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    8th November 2002
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    23,500
    What did you get in the "kit" ? My CDA kit had a piece of Samco silicone pipe to connect it from the MAF to the CDA.

    2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

  3. #3
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ robrado974's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd September 2009
    Location
    paignton devon
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    What did you get in the "kit" ? My CDA kit had a piece of Samco silicone pipe to connect it from the MAF to the CDA.
    I got two jubilee clips and a fixing type bar . Yes itís the hose I need . Which is no big deal really . I wanted to see pics of what everyone else has done as I have a bracket attached to the body for the KnN filter, so I thought this may take the weight instead of using the metal bar ?.



    92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

    The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    8th November 2002
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    23,500
    Stealth made up a little prototype bracket for the CDA, which they kindly gave to me. It attaches to the auxiliary belt tensioner. I've actually still got the complete kit in the garage.. if I remember next time I'm over there (mid week perhaps) I'll try remember to grab a picture of it!

    2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

  5. #5
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    8th February 2007
    Location
    n. ireland
    Posts
    603
    Check out the pics at the link below. They show a CDA fitted to a 2.8 V6 Mk3 Golf engine but the principle is exactly the same. Measure the diameter of the MAF inlet and source a couple of inches of silicone hose in the relevant size from e-bay or elsewhere and mount the filter as shown.

    To support the filter, you could fabricate a right angled bracket with a long arm and a short arm from a length of plain bar similar to the bar you received with the filter. Drill two holes in the long arm to pick up the two mounting bolts on the tensioner and one hole in the short arm to pick up the bolt from the CDA clamp. You should just about be able to see what I mean in the pics below.

    On the other hand, Daves 16v, a member on this forum, used to produce a stainless steel bracket for this very purpose but I don't know if they are still available. Check out the link below and drop him a PM.



    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...tainless-Steel





    Last edited by leon263; 15th April 2018 at 9:58 PM.

  6. #6
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ robrado974's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd September 2009
    Location
    paignton devon
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Stealth made up a little prototype bracket for the CDA, which they kindly gave to me. It attaches to the auxiliary belt tensioner. I've actually still got the complete kit in the garage.. if I remember next time I'm over there (mid week perhaps) I'll try remember to grab a picture of it!
    Thanks Jim , much appreciated



    92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

    The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

  7. #7
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ robrado974's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd September 2009
    Location
    paignton devon
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by leon263 View Post
    Check out the pics at the link below. They show a CDA fitted to a 2.8 V6 Mk3 Golf engine but the principle is exactly the same. Measure the diameter of the MAF inlet and source a couple of inches of silicone hose in the relevant size from e-bay or elsewhere and mount the filter as shown.

    To support the filter, you could fabricate a right angled bracket with a long arm and a short arm from a length of plain bar similar to the bar you received with the filter. Drill two holes in the long arm to pick up the two mounting bolts on the tensioner and one hole in the short arm to pick up the bolt from the CDA clamp. You should just about be able to see what I mean in the pics below.

    On the other hand, Daves 16v, a member on this forum, used to produce a stainless steel bracket for this very purpose but I don't know if they are still available. Check out the link below and drop him a PM.



    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...tainless-Steel





    Great stuff Leon thank you very much



    92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

    The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Similar Threads

  1. BMC filter fitting
    By Benjevw in forum Engine Bay
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21st March 2012, 9:35 PM
  2. Fitting CDA, Broke Filter For MAF.
    By PROVR6 in forum Suppliers Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th November 2008, 5:02 PM
  3. Fuel filter fitting
    By VR6 Russ in forum Engine Bay
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th July 2006, 11:17 AM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10th November 2005, 4:52 PM
  5. Help fitting a new fuel filter pls :)
    By Brando in forum Suppliers Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3rd August 2003, 3:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
We are the world's largest community for VW's Super Coupť! Be it 8v, 16v, G60 or VR6 (or maybe something else!), everybody's welcome! If this is your first visit, be sure to click register and fill out your details before you can post.
Help us
This site is run on donations.
Please help keep the forum alive!
Follow us
advertising & sponsorship
Are you a company looking for advertising that could benefits our users? For site & forum sponsorship, please see our dedicated microsite here.