Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Project VR6 Supercharged

CF Nutter
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    Blue? How does the Schrick manage the supercharger? An issues with the flap not moving due to the increased pressure on it? Just thinking about engine mods again...
    The charger only provides a mild boost, the flap in the manifold is tiny, so doubt the low boost will do much to restrict it...almost not sure wether to just sell the schrick and stick and shorter intake on it.

Biggest issue I have at the moment is the loom, I have a mate who does resto who will be taking a look tonight

CF Nutter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauhaus View Post
    Looks like you have some impressive mods going on that car
    Cheers, not going to be a resto, just want to keep it on the road for a good few more years....brakes are necessity, they have a tendency to smoke when I drive hard lol

Stealth put TT fronts on for me, made a load of difference although you'll have a lot more bhp
    1995 VR6 "Black Magic Pearl"
    1995 VR6 "Mystic blue" Storm edition
    CCGB 4302

CF Nutter
    Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    Stealth put TT fronts on for me, made a load of difference although you'll have a lot more bhp

Going with TT fronts as well with drilled/grooved discs, not going to bother with Brembos as I want to keep a similar brake pedal feel. Rears will be upgraded to TT as well with vented and drilled/grooved discs
    Last edited by blue95; 23rd May 2019 at 1:35 PM.

CF Nutter
    Hit a bit of a crossroads with the project....need to sort some rust before I progress.....which is fine....however this has got me thinking which direction I want to take the car, the effort i want to put in and how usable I want the car longer term. As such I am thinking about 2 very different directions after sorting the bodywork:

1. Rebuild as is VR6 > Schrick > Charger etc etc - Concerns are wiring engine loom is crispy and have replaced several sections/plugs allready + general maintainence of a modded car
    2. Buy a modern car with a tfsi/tsi lump and trasnplant everything over e.g engine, box, loom, dash the lot

with Option 2 being funded by all the bits I have gathered for option 1 e.g. charger, schrick, never run VR6 lump, vr6 box with peloquin diff, schrick cams, VT engine mounts

Needless to say I am stuck a I do love the VR lump, but just thinking about the future, the effort I put on now and how much effort I may or may not be able to put in, in the future...any comments, guidance or thoughts welcome'd
    Last edited by blue95; 23rd June 2019 at 4:28 PM.

Hmm both options are a lot of work, intially I thought as your VR6 loom has seen better days perhaps going down the tfsi route is problem solved. However either way you're going to be doing a lot of wiring work.

TFSI will see more power for better value and probably will be more reliable. It's also pretty rare in the Corrado but very common out on the road. Only other downside is that the engine sounds like any other 2.0 4pot turbo. I see from your sig you do have another VR6 though so maybe this will be different enough and would a VR6 Supercharged+ dilute your standard storm VR6 too much?
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303
    263 Cams & head refurb | 220 BHP Stealth remap| Miltek non res | Bilstein B12 | R32 Wishbone bushes | VT Mount

CF Nutter
    Quote Originally Posted by pfnsht View Post
    Hmm both options are a lot of work, intially I thought as your VR6 loom has seen better days perhaps going down the tfsi route is problem solved. However either way you're going to be doing a lot of wiring work.

TFSI will see more power for better value and probably will be more reliable. It's also pretty rare in the Corrado but very common out on the road. Only other downside is that the engine sounds like any other 2.0 4pot turbo. I see from your sig you do have another VR6 though so maybe this will be different enough and would a VR6 Supercharged+ dilute your standard storm VR6 too much?
    Should update my footer...down to 1 Corrado now...gone mull over the decision for a few days...if nice bits start appearing in parts for sale the decision been made lol

Obd2 your wiring and stick with plan A. My two pence worth.
    4th one surely the last

vr6 spares on bumtree at the moment inc full ob2 wiring loom

Ahhh now the other has gone I'd stick to plan A...