Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1995 Bramble Metallic (aka Blackberry) Corrado VR6 - Round 2 of VR6 ownership

1995 Bramble Metallic (aka Blackberry) Corrado VR6 - Round 2 of VR6 ownership

Hello everyone! I'm back in the fold and I have just picked up a good and honest Blackberry VR6, 90k on the clock. Best thing is that it appears to be 99.9% complete, no missing trim bits etc and everything works as it should, down to the very last bulb. That's half the battle with these, right? Best part it was local to me.

I plan on keeping this fairly original looking (well, sympathetic) and restoring it (the engine bay is original and 23 years old!).

Bit of a teaser pic for now:
    IMG_2759 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

I have a bit of a list to start with, so if anyone has any advice where to look for these, let me know (it's been a few years since I've been in the Corrado game so i'm a little rusty).
    - Corrado Floor Mats (high quality, thick pile/shag)
    - Original tool kit and case
    - Amber or clear side repeaters
    - Driver's seat bolster foams
    - Exhaust System, 6-branch, de-cat and cat back system
    - 1995 Original sale brochure
    Last edited by P3rks; 11th June 2018 at 1:24 PM.

Lovely enjoy

Green Meanie VR6

Don't you just love `em!

Welcome back
    I have a good quality de cat I don’t need, if interested I can get a picture or 2 ?
    1999-2001 91' Nugget Yellow G60
    2001-2014 94' Brilliant Black VR6
    Current - 95' Diamond Black VR6

Got a Miltek sports cat. Done about 200miles.
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

That looks lovely. Amber side repeaters are available at Heritage.

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    That looks lovely. Amber side repeaters are available at Heritage.
    Not sure they are hella. I bought some hella origional of ebay
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

Quote Originally Posted by delfinis38 View Post
    My mistake , I was on about the repeaters on the wings , bumper indicators are deleted I think . I got a pair about a year ago , now my fogs look crap next to them

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Thanks Chaps! I'm truly smitten. I've had a bit of a hard time with cars recently as I've gone from old VW's to new cars (for the convenience) and I've had nothing but trouble. Bit of history below:

My Old Corrado in it's prime:

In the interim I ended up with this... 40k(ish) on the clock. Very original and lovely to look at and drive. Only sold it as I did about 400 miles in 3 years. Soft top's just wern't for me..
    IMG_20160605_183307 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

Then the problems started... I bought a TT Quattro Sport 240, which was a massive money pit.. Had a boost leak I could never fix. I repaired one thing and another 3 things broke. Even the next owner contacted me a few months later saying the same...

Lovely Interior though...

Then onto a Ibiza FR - my first brand new car. It never, ever drove straight and had knocking drop links from new. Within the first month it needed new drop links, wishbones, track controll arms, ARB's, top mounts etc etc. After the replacement parts the tracking was clearly all over the show even thought the dealer promised it had been re-set. After about two months the dealer coughed up that they didn't have tracking facilities and it had not been done, so they took it to a 3rd party. Car came back in the red (failed) on all corners. They couldn't get it straight. This is when the dealer told me it had been dropped off the transport.

The dealer swapped me to a Leon FR. This car was genuinely great.

I paid extra for a genuine roof spoiler, dealer fit and paint. The car came back to me with this.. Yep, they'd smashed the door onto a 2 post ramp and then denied it..

But then... A few weeks later someone in a Freelander had left their handbrake off, it rolled down a slight hill, gained some speed then hit my car and bounced it off the wall. The car was about 3 months old. After this the car was never the same as the approved Seat repairers did such a **** job needing three attempts, but each time pushing the paint further up the car until it needed a full respray to rectify. It had bubbles, blisters, runs, paint over sand marks, lacquered over watermarks and poor panel fit (to name a few). Truley terrible. I ended up with a healthy payout and traded the car in....
    DSC_0335 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

I then thought I'd upgrade to a proper car.

Worst car i've ever owned and worst car experience in my life. The gearbox leaked after two weeks. Then it started whining (like a supercharger) when pressing on. It then leaked again and again and again. Each time BMW refusing to accept there was a fault with the car, saying the whine was a "characteristic" and that even though the car had leaked, and where it was leaking from.. It was not leaking at the time they had it so it wasn't broken and refused to fix anything. I ended up with a massive complaint with the Ombudsman involved. Took over a year with 8 months not driving the thing until I finally won. BMW even accused me of tampering. The arrogance of BMW was truly eye opening. The car also had faling spot welds in the roof structure and a mutltitude of other issues... Truley an awful, awful experience and a heartbreaking situation. Finally got most of my money back though...
    YP66LFX by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

Then onto my latest and last new car... Lovely little thing and then the turbo popped after 10 days of ownership (first time I used full throttle). Becuase of my previous experience that went straight back. No argument from Abarth as it was a known faulty batch. Full refund and that was me done with the new car experience.

... and that brings me to today. Back to my roots, Bought a cheap daily beater Passat (I love it) and went on the look out for a garage toy. That's how I've ended back in the fold.
    F926F13E-9783-4704-9B58-4AB13195C299 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

A bit of a rollercoaster, right!?
    Last edited by P3rks; 12th June 2018 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delfinis38 View Post

I've bought the ones form Heritage for my Rivage, and the fit was terrible. They were just cheap tat and a waste of money. I want hella next time

you have been seriously unlucky with the cars - with new cars the trend seems to be either you get a good car or a poor car don't know why?

with regards to dealers some offer excellent aftercare service and others just want your money and run

At least with an older car if it goes tits up you can just scrap it and walk away

by the way that is a very nice looking corrado there very jealous