Thread: Rear screen outside trim .

Rear screen outside trim .

Evening chaps .
    I have a question, is the small trim that covers the rear screen , is it supposed to be stuck down ?. Obviously the screen is bonded so no water can get in , but what about the small trim .
    Kind regards
    Rob

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    Evening chaps .
    I have a question, is the small trim that covers the rear screen , is it supposed to be stuck down ?. Obviously the screen is bonded so no water can get in , but what about the small trim .
    Kind regards
    Rob

I'm sure it just pushes in all the way round.

Turns out you can polish a turd!!

1995 Corrado VR6 twilight violet -died and gone to Corrado heaven
    1994 Corrado 16v blackberry -was the car love of my life - split to help other C's around the world.
    http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/voo51/Corrado/
    1995 Corrado 8v black - complete gonner - broke for parts
    1994 Corrado VR6 ice violet -she's here!........... It all starts again!
    http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...vr6%20Corrado/

Quote Originally Posted by voo51 View Post
    I'm sure it just pushes in all the way round.

Ok thanks . It just seems like a horrible water trap though .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Rob, the Outer trim has a lip that fits around the glass, gonna be a bugger to get it to sit flush now as it is fitted before bonding in the rear screen..
    No way you'll be able to refit the trim properly without removing the glass, I suppose you could glue it on using the black bonding glue used to glue in the glass but it's awful stuff and sticks like a bastid if you get it on your hands, bodywork etc..

Rear screen outside trim .

Quote Originally Posted by VEEDUBBED View Post
    Rob, the Outer trim has a lip that fits around the glass, gonna be a bugger to get it to sit flush now as it is fitted before bonding in the rear screen..
    No way you'll be able to refit the trim properly without removing the glass, I suppose you could glue it on using the black bonding glue used to glue in the glass but it's awful stuff and sticks like a bastid if you get it on your hands, bodywork etc..
    It sits in flush , but along the bottom edge near the wiper I can lift it out , so when it rains or gets washed the Channel it sits in gets water in it .

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Right, No easy way of getting the sod to sit even either bar gluing it down.
    Just use a few small blobs of black silicone sealant then, just in case one day it needs removing, as the actual rubber surround is getting rare now and spares are hard to find in good nick and are usually stuck fast to the hatch's frame..

Quote Originally Posted by VEEDUBBED View Post
    Right, No easy way of getting the sod to sit even either bar gluing it down.
    Just use a few small blobs of black silicone sealant then, just in case one day it needs removing, as the actual rubber surround is getting rare now and spares are hard to find in good nick and are usually stuck fast to the hatch's frame..
    Thanks for the info