Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook vs Forum

This forum's become a lot quieter over recent years, it's a bit of a ghost town compared to its hey day.
    I suppose it was bound to happen, people sell up and move on or their car gets sent to the scrapper..

It's a real shame that all the pictures from the old threads disappeared when the forum moved over to a new server.
    There were some very useful mechanical tips and members build threads which I bookmarked, are now just all text.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I donít use Facebook although sometimes feel I should as probably missing out on info / news on meets and shows etc
    Would much rather use this forum though
    This ......

I didn't know there was corrado content on Facebook, I may need to sign up
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443
    1993 Black VW Corrado 2.9 VR6

Previous:
    1994 Aqua Blue VW Corrado 2.0i 16v
    1995 Sherry Pearl VW Corrado 2.0 8v

Quote Originally Posted by easypops View Post
    Iím on both but rarely ever post on Facebook, although I have bought a few things
    I far prefer on here but itís definitely quieter than it used to be but Iím hoping that it does go full circle as youíve said.......no matter, Iíll be here anyway
    This.
    95 Classic Green VR - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|BBS RX228s|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

After all what FB has done with everyoneís data and your privacy you can stick it.

Green Meanie VR6

Don't you just love `em!

Enthusiast
    I joined FB years ago to keep up with friends I met travelling... I left it years ago as well as it just got worse the more people that joined it... like I said earlier people posting their dinner! get a life!

I've recently re-enabled my account after being talked into it by a couple of friends... I've looked a few time and its still the same old [email protected] just with more advertising.

I'm already getting the hump with the emails I receive prompting me to log in and see my best friends new message... probably about what they're having for tea.... or their dog parking it's breakfast somewhere new... joy

I hope more people will head back to the forums once they realise how bad it is... and I'm a geek! - or is it just grumpy? Hmmmm
    Last edited by Geeba; 5 Days Ago at 8:52 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    I joined FB years ago to keep up with friends I met travelling... I left it years ago as well as it just got worse the more people that joined it... like I said earlier people posting their dinner! get a life!

I've recently re-enabled my account after being talked into it by a couple of friends... I've looked a few time and its still the same old [email protected] just with more advertising.

I'm already getting the hump with the emails I receive prompting me to log in and see my best friends new message... probably about what they're having for tea.... or their dog parking it's breakfast somewhere new... joy

I hope more people will head back to the forums once they realise how bad it is... and I'm a geek! - or is it just grumpy? Hmmmm
    Both

Green Meanie VR6

Don't you just love `em!

Blog Entries
    I still personally prefer the forum, lots of archived details to find info about, great projects but as swiftkid said, bloody Photobucket have screwed things up! Not just CF but others as Ive often followed a link via google and found a project to be unreadable due to the images being "lost".

I've go links to many facebook groups but mostly see the same topics over and over. Good way to see new projects and maybe find out about local events.

I do remember CF doing something similar to facebook with a "posts" page, not sure if it still does but I never got into it.

Funny enough I do recently see myself coming on here more often recently (still not as frequently) but not sure if its just me or how facebook and social media is

I personally much prefer Facebook.

Only kidding!

Forum is far better in my opinion. Unfortunately it is very slow these days, I only usually log in once a week now to catch up on the various threads.
    It would be awesome if the forum became active again, the ability to build a thread of the progress and jobs on your own car which you definitely can't do in any coherent manner.

I'm looking forward to the day when Facebook isn't a thing anymore. It's useful for organising events and keeping in touch with people but generally it's too full of advertising, people adding you as a friend when you've met them once, and ****ing meme's!
    Corrado VR6 'Mincy' - 24v Conversion, AP Racing 4pots, Koni Coilovers, Rota Force 17's, Vibra-Technics Competition/Road, TT Dual Borla, Fresh paint.......... sold 2011.... Bought back 2013!
    Corrado VR6, R32 conversion - sold 2013
    CCGB #2907

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I think what we should be discussing is what's needed to ensure the future of the forum is bright.

Although Facebook corrado groups are more active, they lack the proper technical chat and what i prefer about forums. Facebook seems to be mainly people posting that they want stuff but on the cheap. Or just constant Internet diagnostics of misfires or non starts
    Just like a golf................But better!!!