Thread: immobiliser issue

immobiliser issue

Went to start the car today and lights came on the dash but it didn't crank or do anything at all. Typical syndrome if the immobiliser has kicked in. Problem though is that even when de-immobilised it doesnt start. The aux cooling pump also stops when the key is moved to start.

Some points to note:
    the set/unset no longer gives a beep
    I can hear the immob clicking when setting/unsetting
    On removal of the main multipoint connector from the immobiliser(there are two), the car starts but once deimmobilised from the key fob
    The fob does not lock the car with the main multipoint connector removed - but the key locks and does a total closure.

Does this mean that the immobiliser is goosed, or the wiring is faulty somewhere?

Tried resetting by pressing the two fob keys together etc but this did nothing. Also left the battery off for a few minutes but again no joy.

Its a scorpion 1118 system

Thanks for any assistance
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams

my car

Is it better just to remove it and fit another system? If so how difficult is it and would there be any effect on the insurance?
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Sounds a swine of a job to find and sort out. When did you last change your ignition switch?
    We overlook it so easily but it sorted my starting problem out. That switch has a lot you answer for
    One day I will tackle removing my old cobra alarm and immobiliser that only has one fob.. but there are a lot of wires
    Good luck mate

changed it for a genuine one about 5 years ago. It starts and runs if i disconnect the immobiliser so it seems to me that the control unit is history.

Thoughts on these two: (scorpion SA30 and Toad AI606)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCORPION-...QAAMXQJWZRBbJa
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOAD-Ai60...oAAOSwDZJbG028
    Hasan

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Toad Ai606 everyday. I had one fitted on my mk3 golf and it was brilliant. Others have asked on here the same question and most people go with the Toad.
    That's the one I will have fitted to my Corrado when this one annoys me

100% recommend toad alarm, fitted them on my last 2 cars and they work brilliant. Nothing flashy just exactly what you need it to do, the Clifford's etc always seem to want to do everything but fail on just working.

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP