Thread: remap for schrick, cams, obd2 recommended?

remap for schrick, cams, obd2 recommended?

So far i've fitted 264 cams, a BMC CAI, converted to OBD2 and now recently installed a schrick.
    Is it suggested to get a remap for it or will the OBD2 adapt to the schrick as i drive?

If you've got any experience of that, did you notice any major difference after a remap? Presumably it would need a custom remap? And what are the approximate costs? Thanks.

Hasan
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Enthusiast
    I'd definitely get it mapped - if only for the reassurance its running at its full potential... never been a fan of generic mapping as every engine is different.

Gesss I cant wait till I'm at this stage... just got a house to renovate prior to getting back on the Corrado

Thanks. How long should it take and how much approx? I do like this surge of torque at around 3000rpm btw!
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

I'd get it mapped for the cams alone, if you are planning on taking it to stealth it doesn't take too long, maybe a couple of hours at most, I'd ask Vince how much, from memory it was £2-300 but was years ago, Mr bourbon aka matt will know as he's just had his mapped. Think before his charger he had a similar setup minus OBD2 and saw 225bhp I think.

Just to note, with my OBD2 I didn't get as high figures as I hoped for but the torque curve was much better (more power further down and less peak) but your schrick should fix that.

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

Hi Hasan

Just interested in what cams you have?
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
    Hi Hasan

Just interested in what cams you have?
    Piper 264 cams Jim. I swopped them in when i did my obd2 conversion so didnt get to see the individual benefits of each.
    Hasan

my car

Yea id get it mapped mate just so your getting as much power out as you can

Mine run 230 nasp but that was with 268 cams, mk4 headgasket, amd big pirt throttle and the schrick along with a bmc and techtonics 2.5inch exhaust

I think mapping is 450 from stealth these days , but you get what you pay for , that was from a couple of months ago when i had the charger mapped up