Thread: Shark fin

Enthusiast

Shark fin

Has anyone used a shark fin in replacement of the aerial
    What is the best type,has the headings got to me removed has the lead got to be replaced
    Cheers Wayne
    Last edited by 1200 bandit; 3 Weeks Ago at 6:27 PM.

I had one fitted to my car when I bought it. Think it was a cheap eBay job and it went in the bin shortly after purchase. You shouldn't need to remove the headlining. Remove the rear trim piece and the rear quarter belt trims, and that should give you enough room to change it. See if you can find one with the same connector as it'll be a 5 minute job if you can
    95 Classic Green VR - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|BBS RX228s|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Enthusiast
    I'd like to fit a DAB aerial in the place of the standard one, but I'd like it to fit/look the same.. anyone tried one? maybe from a newer VW?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    I'd like to fit a DAB aerial in the place of the standard one, but I'd like it to fit/look the same.. anyone tried one? maybe from a newer VW?
    I have a DAB radio in my daily car find that it just goes off in certain places.
    Have had a look on eBay but find that most are stick on which is no good for me as put a cover on the coorrado when in the garage

I've got a mk3 scirocco type one on mine, imo looks loads better. Wasn't bothered about DAB just wanted a neater look, I think the scirocco ones do fit but were more expensive. I just removed the rear trim from headliner and should give you enough clearance to remove and refit.

something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SCIROC...AAAOSw7wxapqmW

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftkid View Post
    I've got a mk3 scirocco type one on mine, imo looks loads better. Wasn't bothered about DAB just wanted a neater look, I think the scirocco ones do fit but were more expensive. I just removed the rear trim from headliner and should give you enough clearance to remove and refit.

something like this: [url]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SCIROCCO-MK3-RADIO-STEREO-ROOF-AERIAL-SHARK-FIN-ANTENNA-BASE-1K0035507L-08-18/232695815401?fits=Model%3AScirocco&epid=2801643828 0&hash=item362dc05ce9:g:YJAAAOSw7wxapqmW[/url

Nice looking corrido was the fin a straight fit no drilling of the roof,was the aerial lead with the fin or does the original lead fit cheers Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    Have just fitted a jvc Hal 2 aerial to my bora. It’s not exactly the same looks wise but more than close enough for me. You will also need an aerial extension and power lead.

In my garage, somewhere near the top of Suffolk
    I've been looking for a shark fin that has DAB but they seem quite rare

I currently have a Hirschmann on it which is almost the same as original just a slightly different angle
    Graham
    20v Turbo, Audi TT Leather, 17" BBS, 330mm front discs with Brembo;s, 256mm rear, Digital dash in development
    OEM++