Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Window scraper - Remanufacture

Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    I’ve just re read your post Storm. Cutting up the original, that doesn’t sound good!. It can’t do any harm for me to send the sample part, they may come good .
    I sent a new scraper as a sample...I was going to send an old one for sacrifice if it came to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    £300 folks are hoping less half then that for a pair. Well I Am anyway! The roof gutters cost that much and are a lot more complex and larger. Think originally they were about a £100 for a pair ?
    I paid £55 from heritage a year ago for a passenger side one.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_ack View Post
    would be interested if price is in the £50 each ballpark
    I knew I was basing the price on something I'd seen before! As Kieren says above, £300 is steep, but I would go for it at half that.
    1995 VW Corrado VR6 Classic Green - Koni T/A + H&R springs, BMC CDA, Jetex resonated stainless exhaust, Climatronic, 288mm brakes

£300 was just a pure finger in the air!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    £300 was just a pure finger in the air!
    Don't give them ideas Chris or they might even add a nifty to that amount

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Don't give them ideas Chris or they might even add a nifty to that amount
    Well mine are knackered and if it means paying that much for a new pair then so be it!

VW Classic Parts definitely had a batch remade of the passenger side outer window scraper rubber seal, this was possibly sometime in 2012 or early 2013, I know this as I purchased one in October of 2013, when they become available through VW Heritage, think I paid roughly £60

Classic Parts may well do another batch run of these seal/s, but just depends how much interest is required until they agree anything, or if they've still got the original tooling available.

I'm sure there's an old thread from 2017 about VW Classic Parts, looking into getting the roof rubber strips remade,
    to cut a long story short, they basically tracked down and found the original tooling machine, that was close to being sold off for scrap metal, Classic Parts purchased it and overhauled it to it's forma glory to reproduce the roof rubber strips.

Regarding price this really depends how many get reproduced, if it's 500 sets or above then possibly similar price as before £50 to £60 per each seal, but if only a small batch is done say 100 sets then they'll be more expensive unfortunately.

VW Heritage will only help or reproduce an item/s if they fit the MK2 and MK3 Golfs as well as our Corrado's, otherwise they're not interested as it'll be such low profit for them, but in saying that they did reproduce the headlight covers because they're a low cost item, Anna did say she had to battle with her boss to even get those reproduced, and that's a low cost item.
    They did reproduce the fuel neck support bracket, but like I say that's only because it also fit's the MK2 and MK3 Golfs, plus the quantity was roughly 1000 so the retail price was below £30

Hopefully VW Classic Parts will respond with good news, otherwise we're all going to have to chip in financially, to get them reproduced our selves.

Si
    Last edited by vw rule; 3 Weeks Ago at 1:50 AM.
    Had MK2 1.8 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002
    had it lowered on original wheels,
    K&N air fitler and Janspeed exhaust system.

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015
    hoping to get it finished this year.

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Link to 16v torque settings & ECU pin locations.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...fuel-pressures

This was one of my concerns when I spoke to a company about it Si . The cost of selling them at a decent price is difficult because the batch has to be large .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Hi Rob Yeah I know it's a nightmare,
    especially when you mention the name CORRADO, the price/s sky rocket.
    We're lucky to a certain extent that quite a lot of the Corrado is shared with the MK2 & MK3 Golfs, but that only helps us slightly getting our foot in the door, it's walking through and being able to purchase obsolete items, that's the major issue as all we hear is sorry it's just not cost effective for small quantities.

I'm just hoping VW Classic Parts can do something.

Si

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

I understand Classic Parts and Heritage are looking at it from a business point of view, as regards to costing of reproduction and selling price/s.

I myself work for Hey Dude Shoes we're basically the UK's main distributor of this brand, through out the UK and Europe,
    our products get made in bulk mostly in China, so we can afford the production costs as such large volumes are produced, which are reflected in the selling price/s.
    But with our Corrado's the market is so so small in comparison, it's much harder to gain the interest at the beginning when speaking to these manufacturer companies, they either want to produce only the requested amount, which will result in high retail prices, or are scared of having stock left unsold if large batches are made.

Si