Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Window scraper - Remanufacture

Quote Originally Posted by volksworld13 View Post
    I think speaking for most Corrado owners , the window scrapers seals finish the car off nicely after a paint job,And always end up getting bent, damaged or deteriorate with age.
    I think if the obsolete side can be remanufactured to a good standard then it will sell like hot cakes.
    Yep. am sure we would have some too.
    CCGB #260

95 Black Magic VR6 The Obsession and my life saver.

89 Nugget Yellow 1.8 16v The long term project SOLD https://www.facebook.com/paul.kippax...=1&pnref=story

94 Sherry Pearl 8v Daily

And Bicycle Repair Man at http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/

Me too.
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I need a N/S scraper seal to.
    95 Aqua Blue VR6

Quote Originally Posted by vr6monkey View Post
    Putting the 2 scrapers side by side, I think the suggestion to scan the driver's side (535837474A) and flip it should work.

If that doesn't work, I may be willing to lend you a passenger side scraper (535837473A) so long as it comes back to me in the same brand new condition.

Before anyone asks, the scraper is not for sale... hen's teeth :-)

Regards, James
    Thank you, I think I've sourced a new drivers side, when it arrives I'll send it off for a quote, if they can't flip then I'll message you about the other one. No idea how long the process will take.
    Cheers
    My Storm HERE | 17" BBS RCs | Aero Wipers | BMC CDA | 19 Row Mocal | KWs | 312 Fronts | 263 cams | EVO Featured
    AM V12V | SQ5 | Caterham R460ish Superlight Race | Clio 197 Race | Series 1 Landy | Corrado VR6 VW Cup to be |

Enthusiast
    Did you ever get anywhere with this? Painting my car and both sides have ended up bent upon removal
    aqua blue 1.8T now r.i.p, black vr6 wishing i never sold all the goodies off the 1.8t! http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...arpicsig-1.jpg

formerly jeffcabage!

Quote Originally Posted by neil20vtc View Post
    Did you ever get anywhere with this? Painting my car and both sides have ended up bent upon removal
    Here is an option but will have to ship over from the States , I asked Anna from VW Heritage to see if they can strike a relationship with them but heard nothing back.

http://vintagerubber.com/volkswagen/corrado/

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Here is an option but will have to ship over from the States , I asked Anna from VW Heritage to see if they can strike a relationship with them but heard nothing back.

http://vintagerubber.com/volkswagen/corrado/
    Cheers seen those on my search travels be too costly for me especially with shipping costs

I did also find some people in the states use ford cougar ones with a bit of modification but not really any of them about over here anyone found any models over here we can use/mod to fit?

I do have one drivers one left on a door off my old car that was new when that got painted but that was over ten year ago and it's been sat in a garden under a tarp so can't see it just sliding off!
    aqua blue 1.8T now r.i.p, black vr6 wishing i never sold all the goodies off the 1.8t! http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...arpicsig-1.jpg

formerly jeffcabage!

Also could do with both sides... Got a paint job planned but want to stock up on some seals first.. Spoke with VW Heritage who said demand for the Corrado doesn't justify trying to arrange or source another production run! I've read some chat on Classicparts.de arranging another production run in the next 2-3 months, although someone else says they've been saying that for the last year!

Any further chat on an aftermarket option?

I think whoever comes up with the passenger side one will make a mint. 200 will shift in a couple of weeks when word gets about. I have 2 drivers ones but no passenger ones, used my last one on my old blackberry cause the one I put on was a couple of mill out and annoyed me, not as annoying as not having one now for a door I want spraying on this.
    Got to put a photo in lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    4th one surely the last

Hi, I would be very interested in these too. I have a new drivers side, but need a passenger side too, and would buy 2 of the left and one of the right, to ensure I have a spare.

Someone did a run of 16" wheels for the Corrado a while back by getting pledges from those that wanted a set, and it was a massive success, so I'm sure it could work with the scraper seals too.

Here's hoping.