Thread: Headlights still poor

CF Nutter

Headlights still poor

Ive just drove the corrado in the dark 1st time this year.i cant believe how crap the lights are with loom upgrade and philips 150% racing bulbs.anything new about to upgrade them
    1990 1.8 16v white

If your reflectors are corroded this might reduce the light output - also check the upgraded loom connectors and the battery terminals it connects to for corrosion. An easy check is also to check for voltage at the connector at the headlight - see what you're getting there.

These lights are also sensitive to correct alignment, and even a slight error there can put the beam in the wrong place and reduce visibility. It will never compare to a modern car, but with the upgrades you've mentioned it should be quite acceptable and safe.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

The lights are fading these days. After 20+ years the silvering goes hazy and in some cases it's just come off. They don't put out as much light as they used to. Mine has been flagged up on the mot for about five years in a row...
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

Anyone got any ideas where to get a headlight adjuster for a Corrado headlamp ... ?? Seems like a good job for a 3D printer for the small plastic component that collapses when you touch it when you're trying to refurbish them ..

Used to be available online from a few places - maybe try Arz-Tuning - I think they used to have them?

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Nope, I've only seen the small plastic end piece that clips into the back of the reflector. The bit that disintegrates is the plastic grommet that holds the adjuster screw in the back of the headlight housing itself. That bit I've not been able to find anywhere.