Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My Candy White VR6

white is such a rare colour in the corrado and this car looks fantastic

There is a lady near me who has a 1.8 rado her chap describes as khaki green and its a factory colour that must be rare as hens teeth.

A lad said magic black which is my colour is rare as it was a runout colour but not sure just what I have been told but prob common ha . Paint code is LC9Z and not even listed on the colour code chart on here . I wonder if it is the third one from the bottom of the list under anomolies without a code.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?37863-Paint-Codes

magic.JPG
    Last edited by Keyo; 5 Days Ago at 7:26 PM.

Thanks guys, sorry for late reply i must have turned notifications off. I do like white but wasn't after a white one: my other car is white as well so I get the comments from all angles!

It does look good overall, no dents as someone has had a tidy up prior to my ownership and it's had a blow over on the sides and bonnet. Sadly the masking around the side window rubbers is noticeable up close and let's it down imo. Also whoever did it didn't take the rear lights out so there's a noticeable paint lip in that gap too.

Speaking of which - I've been toying with the idea of masking off and wet sanding the lip and polishing up to blend in. Haven't been able to find much information on this though. As it's white I don't have to worry about lacquer... seems do-able.. what do you reckon? It would save on the cost of a respray. I probably need to get some pics of the bad bits.

With the interior (I posted a thread in interiors a week ago) I think I'm going to do something a subtle/OEM but a bit different and have the centers re-trimmed in the tartan from either the Golf GTD/GTI or GTE (Keyo you got me thinking with your comment ). I sort of want to keep it cloth as a) my door cards are in great condition b) leather is expensive and I don't fancy it without aircon.. c) Recaro's are expensive and apparently not that comfy and d) the car came spec'd with cloth and I like the OEM+ theme. Oh and I like tartan. Still making my mind up so subject to change and need to do other work ahead of this (chains, top end refurb, suspension bushing refresh).
    Last edited by pfnsht; 5 Days Ago at 9:19 PM.
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303

Quote Originally Posted by pfnsht View Post
    Thanks guys, sorry for late reply i must have turned notifications off. I do like white but wasn't after a white one: my other car is white as well so I get the comments from all angles!

It does look good overall, no dents as someone has had a tidy up prior to my ownership and it's had a blow over on the sides and bonnet. Sadly the masking around the side window rubbers is noticeable up close and let's it down imo. Also whoever did it didn't take the rear lights out so there's a noticeable paint lip in that gap too.

Speaking of which - I've been toying with the idea of masking off and wet sanding the lip and polishing up to blend in. Haven't been able to find much information on this though. As it's white I don't have to worry about lacquer... seems do-able.. what do you reckon? It would save on the cost of a respray. I probably need to get some pics of the bad bits.

With the interior (I posted a thread in interiors a week ago) I think I'm going to do something a subtle/OEM but a bit different and have the centers re-trimmed in the tartan from either the Golf GTD/GTI or GTE (Keyo you got me thinking with your comment ). I sort of want to keep it cloth as a) my door cards are in great condition b) leather is expensive and I don't fancy it without aircon.. c) Recaro's are expensive and apparently not that comfy and d) the car came spec'd with cloth and I like the OEM+ theme. Oh and I like tartan. Still making my mind up so subject to change and need to do other work ahead of this (chains, top end refurb, suspension bushing refresh).

Think the cloth would look stunning in plaid or houndstooth class mod , VW lost the interior design a litlle bit in the 90s some of the Mk3 golf interiors were awful , then again fashions do change. The plaid Mk7 also the MK6

http://www.mk1autohaus.com/Upholster...id_p_8033.html

Ahhh yes - bookmarked . Note to self plaid, not tartan!

Yeah the interior pattern is a bit, well, dull. We've had a few 90s era Polo's with similar patterns. Fortunately the pattern in the Corrado is quite subtle. I actually prefer the G60 seats, I like the square pattern.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ger040 View Post
    white is such a rare colour in the corrado and this car looks fantastic
    Is it?

Glad I kept my Alpine White VR6 white now LOL!

White was probably one of the less popular colours back in the 90s. My parents refer to it as "recession white" as a nod to people trying to save money back then.

However today white is very popular. I do wonder how different Alpine and Candy are in the flesh. My other car is another VAG white - Nevada white (metallic) and the Candy white is more yellow next to it. On its own it's quite a bright white.

ahh found a good website (free - just register) https://cazana.com/ to find out previous car adverts of your car. Found mine and the for sale text - nice read and if you're still about on the forums feel free to chip into this thread or PM me I'd love to know if the timing chains have ever been done.

I feel bad about changing the suspension now... but the front shocks were leaking.. .

"N865WJL Volkswagen Corrado

1995 VW Corrado VR6, 2 lady owners from new, full service history from new, completely original down to number plate surrounds, excellent condition viewing absolutely essential to appreciate this car, just had new rear brakes and wheel bearings, also front brake calipers renewed, car will have a new mot upon sale, no expense has been spared looking after this car in our ownership it is our baby, everything works inc sunroof and rear spoiler and the original scorpion alarm, there is slight wear to drivers side seat bolster but this is really normal on Corrado seats, we are members of the Corrado forums so we know quite a bit about them, any questions please ask we are located in Hampshire, we think this is one of the most original looked after corrados out there, there is no rust or dents, it is pretty much immaculate, we are gutted we have to sell but we just dont use it any more, its always been garaged and not been out in the winter for last 9 years."
    Last edited by pfnsht; 1 Day Ago at 8:13 PM.

just checked my car on this - it says estimated mileage for age of car 270,000 miles currently on 108,000
    at last mot 2006 100.000 this is in england before it came to N.Ireland

Yeah I checked my other cars and it was a similar story, no adverts and just MOT history aside for an old Corsa that had been barry’d according to the advert pictures.