Thread: g60 knock sensor

g60 knock sensor

Hi
    Looking for a g60 knock sensor, I've got a 1991 corrado. I'm guessing that a vr6 sendor prob wont do the job, it does look similar, i've got a vr6 lump sat in the workshop.
    thanks

You really need the correct one for the G60, having said that I have used the one from a normal MK2 Golf 1.8 GTI PB engine as a temporary measure and that was fine if I did not push the revs up too much , I cant say if the VR one would work though.

The 4 cylinder engines by the looks of it share the knock sensors between them with part number 054 905 377 The first 3 digits of part number vary, and they come in various connector plug colours and cable lengths, which is possibly why Bauhaus above was able to use one from a MK2 Golf.
    Realistically you probably could fit one from a VR6 but as Bauhaus above has said you really need the correct knock sensors for your Corrado, mainly due to the cable length as each length of cable / wire will have a different resistance reading which is why they're calibrated to control unit, and why they have the different coloured connector plugs I guess.

Si
    Had MK2 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002

Now have Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it

That would all make sense thanks. Looking for a g60 specific knock sensor then.