Thread: Fuel pump buying advice.

Fuel pump buying advice.

I’m experiencing some spluttering problems at the moment with the VR. I’m not suggesting it is the fuel pump at this stage , I’m just enquiring on which one anyone has bought. Obviously I would stay away from the cheapies on eBay . The Bosch one looks ok . I’ve got a second hand later pump in the car at the moment, so no worries about swapping the float ( 92 pumps had a different float ). Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Rob

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Bosch, Siemens\VDO or Pierburg - all the other ones are rubbish.

Sometimes you can get just the pump motor insert rather than having to replace the whole unit. Did you test the fuel pressure with a gauge connected to the fuel rail? I'd check the filter, FPR and injectors first.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Hi Fender.The FPR was changed a few years back . I’ve changed the fuel filter this evening. Thanks for the pump info .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Bosch pump from ECP, fitted a couple of years ago and seems to be working fine. I must have upset the sender for the gauge when I fitted it though as it takes days for it to work it’s way up after filling. Job on the list for this winter!
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 58

I’m not sure what’s happened to your sender tone . It just slides on from memory?.