Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uprated loom fuse melted!

rob ive wrapped my bank of fuses in self amalgamating tape not ideal but it seals them.....
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

Hi Delfinis . I will get some tape . Still need to keep the relays out of harms way though .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Rob mine are in a box. Nice and dry but the fuses are exposed. They're the splashproof ones but even these got moisture in them.
    I've replaced the failed fuse holder but will cover it with some grease to keep it waterproof. Some silicone grease will be fine. I'll post up some pics shortly including the burnt fuse holder
    Last edited by fla; 28th October 2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

What sort of box are you using Hasan ?. My fuses seem to be stuck in the air so I don’t have a problem with them .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

I'm using an small household electrical junction box for my relays and fuses. Mounted on the inner wing next to the battery.
    MY 1991 G60 CURRENTLY IN RESTORATION
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...-Daily-Project

Where is the best place to get an Uprated loom

Quote Originally Posted by jared_nomak View Post
    Where is the best place to get an Uprated loom
    I believe someone on here was producing the three relay version for the corrado... I think his name on here is Kur2y

The idea for using three relays is one relay is for the dip and the other two are for the off side and near side main beams, if one of the main beam relays or its fuse fails you still have the other one to light the way home.

The more common two relay loom is just a cut down version and if your main beam relay or fuse fails on the move your buggered.
    Both loom versions work but its down to personal choice at the end of the day.

If you keep your original connectors to switch the relay it's also simple to re-connect the original loom if anything fails on the new one in an emergency.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    If you keep your original connectors to switch the relay it's also simple to re-connect the original loom if anything fails on the new one in an emergency.
    True, But my point is.. if like me you live in a rural area with unlit roads with plenty of bends and if both your main beams go in the dark its a bad situation when on the move.. better to have the safety margin of a three relay loom, but yes always keep your original loom and connectors intact.