Thread: Passenger front brake sticking on. Please help

Passenger front brake sticking on. Please help

Hi guys. I have a problem that my passenger front brake is stuck on without retracting when the brake pedal is released. The drivers is doing it a little but not as much as the passenger. It is pretty much solid. I know the calipers are fine. Rears are free. I have checked them and the sliders are all greased and doing there job properly. I have new copper lines throughout and new braided hoses. The car was originally a KR but now is a 1.8T. I bought the car with a dead engine. I have fitted 280mm discs with girling calipers and ebc green stuff pads.
    The rears are all new with a polo gti hub conversion with mk4 rear calipers.
    The only thing that is not new are the master, servo and brake proportioning valve.
    Has anyone had a similar snag? The front brakes are new and fully greased and sliding how they should. I am literally pulling my hair out now.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rich

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    To see if the hydraulics are holding the brakes on undo the nipples on each caliper in turn, if it spurts and the brake releases you have an hydraulic issue

Thanks for your quick reply. I will do that tomorrow. Do you think the proportioning valve would cause an issue or if the rigid lines were incorrectly installed in the wrong ports on the valve?
    I could with a drawing or diagram just to double check its done correctly.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubstar81 View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. I will do that tomorrow. Do you think the proportioning valve would cause an issue or if the rigid lines were incorrectly installed in the wrong ports on the valve?
    I could with a drawing or diagram just to double check its done correctly.
    The LPV just reduces pressure to the rear, your issue is the front

Regular
    Did you remove the pistons from the front calipers prior to fitting them to check condition / replace seals?

If not I expect they need replacing, only about £25 for a kit from BiggRed and a couple of hours to remove, replace, refit