Thread: Radiator leak

Radiator leak

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out. I have a hole in my radiator and it is leaking water drastically. So I need to source a new rad for it. It’s a 2.9 VR6 - 1995.

Anyone have any advice?

Josh

Go for a decent make . Hella is most people’s choice. I got mine on eBay from Germany. £168.00 delivered .They were speedy quick sending it too .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

I have used advanced radiators I find them good quality, they do Corrado VR6 rads https://www.adrad.co.uk/prices/price...ake=VOLKSWAGEN

although what's listed is not oem but if its an issue to you they can get them in not sure what the price would be though.

I managed to get a Hella one from adrad - there's lots of options really, just go for a quality brand. A good idea will be to also replace the radiator temp sender and the plastic elbow fitting for the upper coolant hose at the same time.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Fendervg is spot on , I forgot to mention replacing parts . I would also replace the crack pipe , if that gives up afterwards you will be stripping it down again (corrado Sod’s law ).

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I've just bought a Hella one off ebay from JD Motorsport for less than 100 pounds. Delivery tomorrow so I'll let you know if it's good. Although my old one isn't off yet to 100% compare to.
    Last edited by Cressa; 1 Week Ago at 10:19 PM. Reason: Spelling