Thread: Wiring routing

Enthusiast

Wiring routing

Just starting to refit parts in my engine bay after painting it, I have come to fit the brake servo and can't remember if the two bits of loom that run along the top of the bulkhead sit tucked behind the servo or in front? and I can't tell by the pictures that I took, any help appreciated it's a vr6 btw
    aqua blue 1.8T now r.i.p, black vr6 wishing i never sold all the goodies off the 1.8t! http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...arpicsig-1.jpg

formerly jeffcabage!

They sort of run over the top, and then down the back. It's a royal pain in the arse to get the servo back in because of the loom!

Hopefully this pic might be of help

2d25_3.jpg

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

Found some photos from mine, not sure if it helps

Just like a golf................But better!!!

Enthusiast
    Cheers guys your photos are about as good as mine though show the area but not up close enough to show how the loom sits, I think from what swiftkid said though I have mine slightly wrong at the mo as it's tucked behind the servo at the top and even though it really won't make any difference it will bug me being wrong! No way am I removing it again though I think I can loosen it and get them out
    aqua blue 1.8T now r.i.p, black vr6 wishing i never sold all the goodies off the 1.8t! http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...arpicsig-1.jpg

formerly jeffcabage!

should be cable tie clips along the top of the bulkhead area, all the wiring fits into those
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

Enthusiast
    Got that bit cheers fella was just unsure if the wires ran in front of the top of the servo or tucked behind before dropping down behind the side of the servo and turret

formerly jeffcabage!

If you can get it behind the servo happy days but I just couldn't manage it as the loom seemed too big, I spent bloody hours trying to get the servo in and just pulled the wiring forward and then tucked it as far back as I could once servo was in.

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP