Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine swap advise - TFSI ?

Epytec in Germany do the mounts for the O2M gearbox into a Corrado, if it's come out of anything except the Ibiza/Fabia/9N Polo platform. Darkside Developments do the mounts for those gearboxes.

In my garage, somewhere near the top of Suffolk
    There is a group on facebook dedicated to putting TFSI engines in mk1 and mk2 golfs, that would be worth a look, it called 'TFSI/TSI swapped mk1/mk2s'

You can get the OEM ECU de-immobilised which makes it easier to fit. Same principal as the 1.8T but with a higher pressure fuel pump by the tank. I think there were alot of people trying to run standalone ECUs because you could get the OEM immo to work which caused alot of problems and meaning the engine didnt run as it should.

I did/am considering doing this but it would have to be a CDL engine just for the power (I run a golf R as a daily so can recommend them) but they are expensive a standard mk5 GTI engine would be ok but I have a 1.8T in my C and converting it to TFSI for the small gain doesnt seem worth it (but never say never )
    Last edited by rado20vT; 20th November 2018 at 1:38 PM.
    Graham
    20v Turbo, Audi TT Leather, 17" BBS, 330mm front discs with Brembo;s, 256mm rear, Digital dash in development
    OEM++

Quote Originally Posted by rado20vT View Post
    There is a group on facebook dedicated to putting TFSI engines in mk1 and mk2 golfs, that would be worth a look, it called 'TFSI/TSI swapped mk1/mk2s'

You can get the OEM ECU de-immobilised which makes it easier to fit. Same principal as the 1.8T but with a higher pressure fuel pump by the tank. I think there were alot of people trying to run standalone ECUs because you could get the OEM immo to work which caused alot of problems and meaning the engine didnt run as it should.

I did/am considering doing this but it would have to be a CDL engine just for the power (I run a golf R as a daily so can recommend them) but they are expensive a standard mk5 GTI engine would be ok but I have a 1.8T in my C and converting it to TFSI for the small gain doesnt seem worth it (but never say never )
    - Yes, although i beleive BYD (VW ED30 & Pirelli edition Golf GTI), BWJ ( Seat Leon Cupra, K1 and Cupra R), BHZ (early Audi S3) and CDL (Audi S3, Golf R and Golf ED35) engine codes all have the same K04 turbo and make the same power. Crashed / bent Audi S3 (2006–2012) is my current plan, and strip for parts to recoup costs

- Yes, although i beleive BYD (VW ED30 & Pirelli edition Golf GTI), BWJ ( Seat Leon Cupra, K1 and Cupra R), BHZ (early Audi S3) and CDL (Audi S3, Golf R and Golf ED35) engine codes all have the same K04 turbo and make the same power. Crashed / bent Audi S3 (2006–2012) is my current plan, and strip for parts to recoup costs