Thread: Wing blowing fuse when coming down (rails are lubed just fine.)

Wing blowing fuse when coming down (rails are lubed just fine.)

So the wing on my corrado is blowing fuse 16 when it's retracting. I've lubed the rails, and the wing moves extremely freely when I do it manually. It literally FALLS to the "down" position if it's disconnected from the motor. (Meaning I pulled the little handle out)

The motor is weird... with it disconnected from the spoiler, it'll spin in the "up" direction just fine. I can hear it. However, if I try to make it spin the other way (corresponding to "down") it bogs down and probably would stop if I didn't let go of the button.

Is this something I can fix? I find it weird the it works fine in one direction but not in the other. If I replace the fuse with the spoiler down, it'll move up when it hit 47, but when I slow down it'll move about half way down then blow the fuse.

Advice? Fixable? Or just replace the motor?

Is it the motor or the drive cables binding in one direction? I could imagine the issue being the cables more easily than the motor itself, but i didn't strip it down.
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mat View Post
    Is it the motor or the drive cables binding in one direction? I could imagine the issue being the cables more easily than the motor itself, but i didn't strip it down.
    It's the motor itself. The drive cables move freely as I can move them extremely easily by hand (by pulling the knob out and turning it.) I can move it with the lightest of touches with 2 fingers.