Thread: OEM style headlining material - where to buy?

Regular

OEM style headlining material - where to buy?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a place to get some OEM coloured headlining material? I’ve come across a few posts recommending headlining material from here http://www.as-trim.co.uk/index.php?m...Path=5_200_202 but these are from people doing black lining. I did contact AS trim but they were not able to advise from experience.

Thanks,
    Matt
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303

Why not use some faux suede instead- similar effect to alcantara
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Regular
    Cheers Hasan. Is alcantara the original material then? I'd be happy to try something similar but need it to match up to my sunroof panel.

No the original headlining isn't alcantara. I think what Hasan was saying is that if you re-do it with faux suede, it'll look a little like alcantara which is a more plush material. You'll really struggle getting anything to match your sunroof cassette material. The material is foam backed, which is what is stuck to the headliner. Unfortunately its the material that comes away from the foam which is why its so difficult to put it back on. Your only real option other than replacing the lot, is removing the entire material, using an upholstery glue in an aerosol on the foam, and waiting until its almost dry. You should then be able to put the material on and hope it sticks well. If the glue is still a bit wet, it'll just bleed through the material and you'll end up with crusty patches all over the place. It looks terrible if that happens. I'd just get a decent foam backed beige material and redo the lot. It won't be OEM perfect, but it'll be neat and shouldn't be overly noticeable unless the colour is way off.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Regular
    Ahh thanks Sean. My current position is - I've got the headliner out of the car, the old material was ruined so I've got the headliner template cleaned up ready to go for some new material.

I fitted a new sunroof mech and am now running a passat moonroof with a grey fabric slider panel so not the original. The fabric is very similar to the original corrado stuff.

Is it possible to retrim the sunroof cassette? I've got two of them to practice on. I thought I had read it can be problematic if material isn't as thin as the original but maybe that applied to the original corrado cassette fabric thinking about it and how it work muchanically?

If I can do the whole lot that's much easier as don't need to worry about matching up. I'm not that fussed if it's not exactly OEM as was just trying to tie up with the cassette material. Faux suede could work a treat if that's the case.

CF Nutter
    I bought some grey faux suede headlining off ebay .it cost about £32 with a can of spray glue.ive not tried fitting it yet tho.how did you find getting the headlining out.

CF Nutter
    https://www.martrim.co.uk/car-trimmi...headlining.php

Go for high temp spray adhesive as well
    Corrado VR6 Storm
    Corrado VR6 Supercharged+