Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: digital clock help PLEASE .

Quote Originally Posted by eugopnosaj View Post
    The original design for the digital LCD displays (clock inclusive) was a clear 5w 12v incandescent style bulb with a green translucent film to aid in colour diffusion. There are a few options; have a different tinted film with the original clear bulb, or have a frosty translucent film with a coloured led. I opted for a strip of coloured leds as I found that a single bulb caused spotting.

Great info again thank you . Hopefully I will get them sorted soon .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Sorry chaps me again . I’ve put a shout out on the CCGB page as well. Am I right in thinking all the bulbs are the same ?. Now I’ve removed the horrible strip light that was in there I’m left with no bulbs at the top . I take it the blue strip powers the three top bulbs ?.

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Yep there are three there i think theyre 509t iirc
    Can't remember exactly though as ive got leds in mine now
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    When I bought my bulbs from TPS they ordered me two different types of bulbs. Might be worth a phone call to confirm the parts.... quicker than me looking through 100s of receipts
    Cress
    95 VR6
    One day she will drive out of my Garage

Thanks chaps .

Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    Sorry chaps me again . I’ve put a shout out on the CCGB page as well. Am I right in thinking all the bulbs are the same ?. Now I’ve removed the horrible strip light that was in there I’m left with no bulbs at the top . I take it the blue strip powers the three top bulbs ?.
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    Yep there are three there i think theyre 509t iirc
    Can't remember exactly though as ive got leds in mine now
    Correct in thinking the blue strip powers the bulbs, and that these are the blue (or faded blue) 509t bulbs. There were smaller ones which powered the LCDs which were a slightly different casing. A few people used to fit those small 12v fluro neon type bulbs which were the right length. Like Fla I have fitted an LED strip the full width of mine eliminating the need for the power strip. Not sure if I kept it though.
    92' Pearl Green 2.0l 16V, SOLD

94' Sherry Pearl VR6, 15" black Speedlines, Bilstein Sport suspension, Milltek cat back, black heated leather, MK4 calipers, MK4 handbrake, MK4 climatronic, OBD2 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by eugopnosaj View Post
    Correct in thinking the blue strip powers the bulbs, and that these are the blue (or faded blue) 509t bulbs. There were smaller ones which powered the LCDs which were a slightly different casing. A few people used to fit those small 12v fluro neon type bulbs which were the right length. Like Fla I have fitted an LED strip the full width of mine eliminating the need for the power strip. Not sure if I kept it though.
    Thank you. What’s involved in fitting an led strip please .

Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    Thank you. What’s involved in fitting an led strip please .
    There's not much work involved, you'll need to get some suitable LED tape in the correct colour, thankfully it is already 12v so all you need is to solder a short length of cable to each end with connectors. Trace the illumination cables which are routed behind the dash (you can take a feed from the ashtray for example) plus a ground spade connection (of which there is an earth connection point on the A pillar behind the dash) and then stick it in place on the clocks - they usually come with pre-applied self adhesive tape.

Bear in mind you will need to make it so that the connections can be removed in case you need to take the clocks out etc.
    92' Pearl Green 2.0l 16V, SOLD

94' Sherry Pearl VR6, 15" black Speedlines, Bilstein Sport suspension, Milltek cat back, black heated leather, MK4 calipers, MK4 handbrake, MK4 climatronic, OBD2 conversion

Thank you , much appreciated.