Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ULEZ vehicle tracker

ULEZ vehicle tracker

Just put my corrados reg in and it shows im not compliant not sure how its calculated but obviously cant take it into London (or even some of greater London!)
    Thoughts??
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

It isn't calculated it's just based on the manufacturer stated emission rating. The rating scheme didn't even exist when the Corrado was made!
    You'll just have to pay the £12.50 a day, or go by train!

Thats 12.50 on top of the congestion charge! Oh well, even less chance of seeing some nice corrados in London
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    The ULEZ is only small until 2021.

It'll extend to the north/south circular then

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

I imagine they'll have to start dealing with the concept of people who have to live within the zone too, like they do with the congestion charge. No idea how much that will cost..
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

Enthusiast
    Just another tax on the motorist.... makes me laugh, the least green cars such as the Prius which has a huge carbon foot print before it even leave the factory are unaffected

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mat View Post
    I imagine they'll have to start dealing with the concept of people who have to live within the zone too, like they do with the congestion charge. No idea how much that will cost..
    My plan is to SORN the corrado every day it's not being driven...

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

I checked this the other day and wasn't surprised. It's a little worrying because I live inside the M25, albeit outside of the current zone. It will expand in the future though.
    Storm grey VR6 | BBS RX2 16" | Milltek | D&G cams and map | Black cloth Recaros | Audioscape | Huge grin

Do all the boats chugging up and down the Thames all day have to pay an emissions charge?

I bet most people within the North Circ don't even know about the expanded zone.
    Once it comes into force and hits them in the wallet there'll be moans but everyone will just pay the charge..

It's funny how people in the UK just accept being shafted by things like this. If this was France there'd be protests, blockades, riots.. We should take a leaf out of their book

My parents live just within the expanded zone, and I live just outside it. So I'll have to pay £12.50, or whatever it is, every time I go to visit.
    Also, from what I've read, there's not going to be any discount for residents within the zone, so my folks will have to pay the daily charge.

I don't think Khan is going to be re-elected as Mayor after all this. I understand his motives for this expanded ULEZ zone, but it's just going to affect the people on the lowest incomes more than the wealthier.