Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eibach and Bilstein B4 shocks

Eibach and Bilstein B4 shocks

Hi all,

Anyone running Eibach 25mm/30mm lowering springs with bilstein b4 shocks?

I have these on order but after reading on here some posts saying B4 riding rough with lowering springs on VR6. Anyone have this combo at the moment and can comment on ride.

Have this same combo on a R129 SL500 and the comfort and stance is excellent hopr the Rado has the same outcome.

Cheers.

Enthusiast
    Just buy the B12 kit ?

Hadnt really seen that kit to be honest looks good but maybe a bit harder drive then I would wish for been the sports version. I'm not sure if I need to change the spring plates as have a late version however it says you need to on the B12 kit not sure about the springs I have ordered E8513-140 . .

Enthusiast
    Hmmmm not sure... my car (well the front as I've not finished the rear) is sat on a B12 kit..

Mind you I think the spring plates will be ok because the car has Koni and H and r springs fitted at the moment, but were installed in 2003 so now past there shelf life or Im getting old and cant deal with the harsh drive..

I have the B12 kit and I'd say the springs will probably be just as harsh as the H&R's I'm afraid. You could try renewing the bushings with OEM replacements - the rear beam will likely be long past it's best. That's my plan next!
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303

I also have the B12 kit, though I've not yet driven it with the correct rear springs (different story/thread), even so, it was night and day better than the Weitec Coilovers that were on there before.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

My cars going in for a major over haul soon pretty much got the parts together , Eibaxh springs plus bilstein b4 on all corners , all top mounts and bushes , drop links , also got a front suspension refresh kit which includes mounts wishbones and ball joints . Also got a new Milltek exhaust and cat , mass and o2 sensor and more that I’m not going to bore you with , can’t wait to see the difference , the ride at the moment with koni and h a r is dog rough they must be shot .

Quote Originally Posted by seanl82 View Post
    I also have the B12 kit, though I've not yet driven it with the correct rear springs (different story/thread), even so, it was night and day better than the Weitec Coilovers that were on there before.
    I've got the correct rear springs on mine. I'm comparing to stock suspension, the body control and damping is great but I feel ruts and harsh roads etc. much more through the cabin. I think new rear beam bushes will offer so more "refinement" as that's where I feel and sense the harshness.
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303

I can't comment from a stock suspension perspective as I've only ever driven a Corrado with modified suspension, but the Bilsteins are the best by far that I've been in. That's what made me choose them. I think the stock height looks wrong personally, especially the late VR6 plus suspension. A subtle drop of 25mm bringing it in line with modern heights is best, though as you've said does offer a firm ride compared to standard. It's a bit of a trade off, and one which I'd have to think long and hard about if I had stock on previously.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982