Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrick VGI advice

Regular

Shrick VGI advice

Hi looking for a bit of Shrick knowledge off a fellow member so thanks in advance.

The round solenoid valve centre of manifold is lifting a 4000 rpm as it should.

However I noticed one of the hoses is not connected to anything is this correct ? .

I have attached a picture and circled the hose in question.

Cheers.

Shrick.JPG

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Mate, I'm just too jealous of that to be able to help, but someone will post up the answer
    Cress
    95 VR6
    One day she will drive out of my Garage

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Don't know myself, but I found this post on here pointing to the instructions:
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1187326

Hope it helps...

Regular
    Well there is not one out there for sale at the moment ( standalone) but I noticed there is one for sale on a green VR6 on ebay. You could always put an offer on the car and then swop the inlet manifold and sell it on ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRAD...Ajde:rk:1:pf:0

I think the hose is either meant to be attached to the brake server or its some kind of air escape????????

I have the original reciept from Stealth it was fitted in 2003 alongside a load of other stuff, Im not sure if the bill was just Labour as I know the Shrick cost a couuple of grand on its own. The bhp is running at 220 with chip apparently. So it could be with parts and labour the guy spent over 8 k on it in one foul swoop which was alot of bloody money in 2003 and still is .

The shocks are now shot or just to harsh for my taste and the exhaust is a bit tatty. Got a Milltek catback, Bilstein plus eibach springs ready to fit.BMC has been taken off and replaced with an orinal airbox I sourced.

Notice it says vsr not vgi im sure he just misdecribed it or the owner went from a VSR to a VGI manifold a some point .

Attached original reciept out of interest.

Stealth.jpeg
    Last edited by Keyo; 4 Weeks Ago at 9:55 PM.

That hose should be connected to the car's vacuum system somewhere I would say - usually done with a t-piece connector, but hopefully someone who actually runs one of these will be along soon and explain. You could also give Vince at Stealth a ring - he's usually very helpful.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Regular
    Thanks Fen,

Think I have sorted it out, the hose can move only so far in the engine bay becuase of the legnth, and I found a nipple that must have something to to do with the brakes as its attached to the abs pump and the hose fitted on correctly . Please let me know if this is wrong fellow members. Thanks

Attached picture
    Shrickk.jpeg

No, it definitely doesn't fit on that! Thats the bleed nipple for the brake slave cylinder, so unless you wan't brake fluid inside your nice new shiney Schrick, I'd say don't connect it to that!
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Regular
    Ill contact Stealth and see what he says but it does say on the instructions to attach the open hose to the brake server.

I think that means to splice it into the main vacuum pipe from the brake servo, or some of the other vac lines.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Regular
    Ha glad I checked first Ive pulled it off and called Vince, going to pop down there this saturday, pretty excited to get it up and running correctly to see what the difference the shrick makes.

The Reservoir is attached to a T junction hose that goes to vacum pipe from the brake server so just got to get this open hose connected somewhere !
    Last edited by Keyo; 4 Weeks Ago at 2:11 PM.