Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crank Sensor replacement warning

Quote Originally Posted by seanl82 View Post
    The crank sensor housing is the engine block, so I'd be a bit worried if it were warped due to jacking! I've changed one without issue too, so as mentioned it sounds like something is fouling it.
    The one side of the car was jacked up on the subframe and I just thought that it might of put some tension in that area , I'll get it up on a ramp and have a good look when I get the chance, the old one was really tough to pull out and was lodged in, to be honest I think the hole just needs a good clean of any pitting or muck , it is a very tight place to work in though so need a ramp really as have hands like a JCB Bucket.Also I have a new sump to fit so will do that at the same time .

Might be easier to try and twist it out rather than pull it straight. It will break the rust 'weld' and you can then clean up the area.
    Just check that the old spacer collar is not stuck in there - use a torch and mirror if necessary. Use a fine grade of emery paper and wipe clean with a clean rag. Use a small amount of engine oil before refitting. The o-ring will give it a good seal. Also clean the face of the block before reinstalling.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    Might be easier to try and twist it out rather than pull it straight. It will break the rust 'weld' and you can then clean up the area.
    Just check that the old spacer collar is not stuck in there - use a torch and mirror if necessary. Use a fine grade of emery paper and wipe clean with a clean rag. Use a small amount of engine oil before refitting. The o-ring will give it a good seal. Also clean the face of the block before reinstalling.

Thanks all managed to get the sensor in today had to put the O ring in the housing first and then it slid in fine with the plastic spacer another job off the list !