Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Voot /Tailgate rubber seal surround.

  1. #21
    Regular Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    249
    Im using a T4 one as the Corrado one is obselete so will be a lot longer so hopefully will just be the rubber I will need to cut.

    So an update on the push rod shock on the tailgate that was missing, I showed Vince at Stealth and he said an abscence would of caused the slit/damage in hot weather so all that have not got one on their car and do not want to have to go through the hassle of purchasing a none corrado seal there is a link below where you can purchase one, but only a couple left, some parts that make it up are still availble but the screw housing is impoosible to purchase, however found complete rod formation below for sale. The black square clip was an aftermerket part the last owner put in the drain hles to try and limit the damage as the tailgate acting like a chopper ha.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corrado-D...72.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 7:40 PM.

  2. #22
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ KIPVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th July 2005
    Location
    SHEFFIELD
    Posts
    3,498
    Jesus that's what i call scene tax. sold a couple of boot poppers recently for less than a tenner.
    CCGB #260

    95 Black Magic VR6 The Obsession and my life saver.

    89 Nugget Yellow 1.8 16v The long term project SOLD https://www.facebook.com/paul.kippax...=1&pnref=story

    94 Sherry Pearl 8v Daily

    And Bicycle Repair Man at http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/

  3. #23
    CF Nutter fendervg's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th June 2009
    Location
    Dublin, IE
    Posts
    1,726
    Some price alright - just playing on the rarity of the Corrado. One of the links shows two fusebox cover clips for £35!!!!
    ____________
    fendervg

    93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

  4. #24
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ KIPVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th July 2005
    Location
    SHEFFIELD
    Posts
    3,498
    I'll sell a spare pair of them for £20
    CCGB #260

    95 Black Magic VR6 The Obsession and my life saver.

    89 Nugget Yellow 1.8 16v The long term project SOLD https://www.facebook.com/paul.kippax...=1&pnref=story

    94 Sherry Pearl 8v Daily

    And Bicycle Repair Man at http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/

  5. #25
    Regular Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by KIPVW View Post
    Jesus that's what i call scene tax. sold a couple of boot poppers recently for less than a tenner.
    Trust me it hurt me paying it ha. Amos in Derbyshire said he had couple but he never answers his phone and thought sod him just pay up the German his never going to be bothered to post it. It is an essential part to be fair the boot lid is awfull opening it without it and just going to put uneccesary pressure on surrounding fittings.

  6. #26
    Regular Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    249
    Hi Kip,

    Im after one x 1 fuse clip and one plastic philips screw clip that fits in the rear tail gate trim the one that you remove by turning 180 degrees.

    Have x3 original new blue hose line clips throttle body x2 and x1 coolant reservoir
    x4 aftermarket plugs for lower a plillar trims (fit)
    x4 aftermarket plugs for the opposite larger plug holes (not tried these yet)
    A pillar trim clips aftermarket.
    Origianl body washers new.

    Pm if your interested in a swop or a price for purchase.

    Cheers. swop.jpeg
    Last edited by Keyo; 6 Days Ago at 3:54 PM.

  7. #27
    CF-oholic! fla's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th September 2004
    Location
    Middx
    Posts
    6,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Trust me it hurt me paying it ha. Amos in Derbyshire said he had couple but he never answers his phone and thought sod him just pay up the German his never going to be bothered to post it. It is an essential part to be fair the boot lid is awfull opening it without it and just going to put uneccesary pressure on surrounding fittings.
    Might be worth looking at some boot opening springs. The clip over the damper and hook into the roof somewhere.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

    my car

  8. #28
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ KIPVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th July 2005
    Location
    SHEFFIELD
    Posts
    3,498
    Let me see if i can find any.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Hi Kip,

    Im after one x 1 fuse clip and one plastic philips screw clip that fits in the rear tail gate trim the one that you remove by turning 180 degrees.

    Have x3 original new blue hose line clips throttle body x2 and x1 coolant reservoir
    x4 aftermarket plugs for lower a plillar trims (fit)
    x4 aftermarket plugs for the opposite larger plug holes (not tried these yet)
    A pillar trim clips aftermarket.
    Origianl body washers new.

    Pm if your interested in a swop or a price for purchase.

    Cheers. swop.jpeg
    CCGB #260

    95 Black Magic VR6 The Obsession and my life saver.

    89 Nugget Yellow 1.8 16v The long term project SOLD https://www.facebook.com/paul.kippax...=1&pnref=story

    94 Sherry Pearl 8v Daily

    And Bicycle Repair Man at http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/

  9. #29
    Regular Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by KIPVW View Post
    Let me see if i can find any.
    Thanks Kip.

Similar Threads

  1. metal under the rubber tailgate seal
    By carrots in forum Exterior
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 6th September 2018, 10:44 AM
  2. Tailgate seal?
    By Jim Bowen in forum Exterior
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2nd September 2018, 12:15 PM
  3. tailgate boot lock surround
    By lilfuzzer in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th April 2016, 7:52 AM
  4. tailgate glass rubber seal draining holes?
    By krnau in forum Exterior
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th February 2010, 11:12 PM
  5. Tailgate Window Rubber Seal
    By Tekara in forum Suppliers Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th January 2010, 6:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
We are the world's largest community for VW's Super Coupé! Be it 8v, 16v, G60 or VR6 (or maybe something else!), everybody's welcome! If this is your first visit, be sure to click register and fill out your details before you can post.
Help us
This site is run on donations.
Please help keep the forum alive!
Follow us
advertising & sponsorship
Are you a company looking for advertising that could benefits our users? For site & forum sponsorship, please see our dedicated microsite here.