Thread: Humour me - non VW Recaro’s

Humour me - non VW Recaro’s

Since genuine Recaro’s are hard to come by... what about fitting some other Recaro’s of a very similar design i.e Rover, Ford instead? You can get them for sub £300.

My father in law is a welder: can I just chop the base off of my cloth seats and weld them to the Recaro’s?

I’d also want to get them retrimmed in the oem (or close) cloth too as my cloth door cards are in great condition. Any recommendations on someone who could do this would be great too.
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303

Sounds a good idea! Interested in how you get on..
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Black leather tt seats are cheap and comfortable.

I was after Recaro's for mine, they look great but are not that comfortable really, especially on long journey's. Was considering re-trimming a similar Recaro seat plenty out there, but really wanted the base and electric's to make it as OEM as possible. I've gone down the TT route now, really cheap, well made, comfortable, match the interior well and my 40 year old plus arse is really grateful
    1995 VR6 "Black Magic Pearl"
    1995 VR6 "Mystic blue" Storm edition
    CCGB 4302

That’s intereting about the TT Seats. As I don’t have leather door cards I’m wanting to keep it oem style cloth or perhaps leather outer and cloth centres.

My existing drivers seat is no longer comfy. Padding has worn and can feel metal supports on longer journeys. Comfort is quite high on the list. I do like the look of Recaro’s though, especially in modern classics.

Also spen - funny how our CCGB member numbers are sequential!

Just checked on ebay and you can get a complete mk2 tt leather interior for £400. I'm looking for cream leather front seats but at that price might be worth swopping the whole interior over
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Quote Originally Posted by pfnsht View Post
    Also spen - funny how our CCGB member numbers are sequential!
    Will have to line them up next to each other at donnington if you going?
    1995 VR6 "Black Magic Pearl"
    1995 VR6 "Mystic blue" Storm edition
    CCGB 4302

Spen - id like to get to some shows this year but got a couple of young kids who aren’t quite old enough to want to attend for a day (without driving me mad) and free weekends are few and far between these days. I reckon next year my eldest will be old enough (6/7).

RE TT Seats I’ve done some digging - don’t think the rears will go in. I do really like the look of Recaro’s. I also think my idea of trimming the TT Seats in cloth is silly and it would be easier to retrim the rears to match in leather.

I’m not horrified with my cloth interior - I just need to do something with my seat and thought an upgrade to Recaro’s would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pfnsht View Post
    Spen - id like to get to some shows this year but got a couple of young kids who aren’t quite old enough to want to attend for a day (without driving me mad) and free weekends are few and far between these days. I reckon next year my eldest will be old enough (6/7).

RE TT Seats I’ve done some digging - don’t think the rears will go in. I do really like the look of Recaro’s. I also think my idea of trimming the TT Seats in cloth is silly and it would be easier to retrim the rears to match in leather.

I’m not horrified with my cloth interior - I just need to do something with my seat and thought an upgrade to Recaro’s would be nice.

Could always do something like re trim your cloth with a VW classic pattern. I think its fair game as the cloth on Corrado is not the best design pattern compared to other VW classic cloth patterns, rainbow pattern,plaid,recaro rallye,edition one also I think hound tooth pattern looks the business from a classic 911.

Available

https://www.vwheritage.com/corrado/c...ts-&-seatbelts