Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    I guess it's all about the photos - FB just makes that part too easy. My problem with it is the lack of proper search and organisation and threading like you get on a real forum - but without being able to post images and attachments the forum will slowly die. Any newer owners don't seem to join up here and just gravitate to social media. It's also either linked to your personal account, or you need to set up a second one just for the groups.

I find there's also a lot of bad advice on there, and endless posts of pictures of alloys that are way too big for the car and parts being sold with scene tax added etc.

It's a shame really because having owned a MkII GTI, Audi Quattro and the VR, I've always found the various forums to be really helpful.
    Have seen some really poor advice on Facebook.Some people think that have a road wheel at a strange angle is really cool,looks like it has a bent axle

Agreed on the big wheels and mega drops - looks silly and can't be the right geometry for the wishbones etc.
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Sorry I meant drivers seat tilt handle.
    Corrado right side 867881634
    Corrado left side 867881633

Attachment 96618

Cheers
    Hello keyo

we are all hoarders now with corrado parts !! with regards to these parts i have a car here for parts and these are still attached and intact (i will have to confirm this) but how do you remove them without breaking them as they are plastic and almost 30 years old

Thanks you just pull them off I believe they are attached by a metal spring clup.

Cheers

Agree with much of what other posters have said. I havent used facebook in years and think this forum (along with the CCGB)is an excellent resource/community. However, it is definitely pretty quiet these days. I regularly look and aside from the odd parts request/sale there isn’t much happening. Then I think to myself that I dont post much these days either. A vicious circle! So, if anyone who has posted on this thread makes an effort to be more proactive then maybe we can generate aome footfall/energy?
    94 16v Classic Green/Black Cloth M447BLE, 95 VR6 Aqua Blue/Black Cloth N585BUA, 95 VR6 Storm Mystic Blue/Black Lthr M200DAN, 94 VR6 Classic Green/Beige Lthr M159LYF, 96 VR6 Moonlight Blue/Black Lthr N866XSS, 94 VR6 Classic Green/Grey Lthr M803 XMB, 95 VR6 Storm Classic Green/Beige Lthr M964XSX, 94 VR6 Aqua Blue/Beige Lthr M420BOY, 95 VR6 Blackberry/Black Lthr N320MRN, 95 VR6 Storm Classic Green/Beige Lthr N804FLM

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    ... My problem with it is the lack of proper search and organisation and threading like you get on a real forum - but without being able to post images and attachments the forum will slowly die...
    I think this sums it up, I've tried to use FB a few times for classifieds etc, but just can't figure it out, stuff you post seems to disappear almost instantly and I've no idea how to search for stuff etc. However, forum classifieds are completely dead, so I'm stuck paying ebay / paypal horrendous fees to get rid of stuff, which ultimately just makes parts more expensive as you try to cover some of your costs.

I remember back in the day when you'd post stuff on the Ed38 classifieds and it'd be on page 2 or 3 within a couple of hours! Bring back those days, the forums were brilliant

Enthusiast
    I'm here most days... FB for me is just a pile of steaming brown! for serious advise the forum is the only place.

I don't see why it would need to die however quiet it got? - we must be able to rustle up the hosting costs between everyone? or maybe join up with the Scirroco forums? they are saying the same thing.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    I'm here most days... FB for me is just a pile of steaming brown! for serious advise the forum is the only place.

I don't see why it would need to die however quiet it got? - we must be able to rustle up the hosting costs between everyone? or maybe join up with the Scirroco forums? they are saying the same thing.
    That's a good point actually, if we merged a few forums of the same marque we would get a lot more traffic in one place

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Just don't post on facebook…….

Support this forum by being a donator.

CCGB should thrash out a deal to use this forum for ALL their business even if it means some of it is password protected.

The following for these cars now simply isn't big enough for the "them and us" to continue.

These are all good points - I think a merger of some sort with another site like CCGB would be worth considering. It would also be nice to host a lot more reference content - for example. take a look at the German Corrado forum, there's a lot of info to browse on there before you even dive into the forums.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery