Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mocal cooler kit

  1. #1
    ⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Join Date
    19th March 2009
    Posts
    818

    Mocal cooler kit

    I'm about to plunge into the icy cool world of cooled oil, I found a kit and wondered if anyone bought from this seller?

    if so, any good? Any recommendations not from this seller that you've bought from?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-C...-/123151837298

    Thanks

    16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    15th October 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    235
    It's a Mocal kit and you're covered by ebay's buyer protection, so can't see any issues. The only problem with these kits is whether the hoses are the right length for where you are going to locate it. Sometimes it's better to mount it all up, then get the hoses made up at a local place once you know the exact lengths, they're nothing overly special so any decent hydraulic/pipe shop will be able to sort you out

  3. #3
    ⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Join Date
    19th March 2009
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Simeon View Post
    It's a Mocal kit and you're covered by ebay's buyer protection, so can't see any issues. The only problem with these kits is whether the hoses are the right length for where you are going to locate it. Sometimes it's better to mount it all up, then get the hoses made up at a local place once you know the exact lengths, they're nothing overly special so any decent hydraulic/pipe shop will be able to sort you out
    That's all I needed, thanks!

    16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    16th April 2006
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    919
    Does it need one? - I've seen these fitted and then covered as they're potentially over cooling the oil... in road applications of course.

  5. #5
    ⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Join Date
    19th March 2009
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    Does it need one? - I've seen these fitted and then covered as they're potentially over cooling the oil... in road applications of course.
    I'm supercharging the old darling, so I want to be on the safe side given I haven't got a spacer head-gasket in

    16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

  6. #6
    ⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Join Date
    11th May 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by culshaw View Post
    I'm supercharging the old darling, so I want to be on the safe side given I haven't got a spacer head-gasket in
    Sweet - any info on where you got the supercharger bits? Rough cost etc? To be honest I’m thinking of doing something similar - I’d prefer to do something mechanical rather than spend on a respray.

Similar Threads

  1. VR6 Mocal 16 Row Oil Cooler
    By emu in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th June 2012, 11:00 AM
  2. Mocal Oil Cooler for a G60
    By P3rks in forum Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th July 2011, 3:59 PM
  3. Mocal oil cooler
    By Jez in forum Engine Bay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th November 2006, 9:31 PM
  4. Mocal Oil Cooler
    By dubboy in forum Engine Bay
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th October 2005, 10:12 PM
  5. Mocal Oil Cooler
    By ghee60 in forum Engine Bay
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2nd June 2004, 9:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
We are the world's largest community for VW's Super Coupé! Be it 8v, 16v, G60 or VR6 (or maybe something else!), everybody's welcome! If this is your first visit, be sure to click register and fill out your details before you can post.
Help us
This site is run on donations.
Please help keep the forum alive!
Follow us
advertising & sponsorship
Are you a company looking for advertising that could benefits our users? For site & forum sponsorship, please see our dedicated microsite here.