Thread: Mocal cooler kit

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆

Mocal cooler kit

I'm about to plunge into the icy cool world of cooled oil, I found a kit and wondered if anyone bought from this seller?

if so, any good? Any recommendations not from this seller that you've bought from?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-C...-/123151837298

Thanks

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

Regular
    It's a Mocal kit and you're covered by ebay's buyer protection, so can't see any issues. The only problem with these kits is whether the hoses are the right length for where you are going to locate it. Sometimes it's better to mount it all up, then get the hoses made up at a local place once you know the exact lengths, they're nothing overly special so any decent hydraulic/pipe shop will be able to sort you out

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Simeon View Post
    It's a Mocal kit and you're covered by ebay's buyer protection, so can't see any issues. The only problem with these kits is whether the hoses are the right length for where you are going to locate it. Sometimes it's better to mount it all up, then get the hoses made up at a local place once you know the exact lengths, they're nothing overly special so any decent hydraulic/pipe shop will be able to sort you out
    That's all I needed, thanks!

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

Enthusiast
    Does it need one? - I've seen these fitted and then covered as they're potentially over cooling the oil... in road applications of course.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    Does it need one? - I've seen these fitted and then covered as they're potentially over cooling the oil... in road applications of course.
    I'm supercharging the old darling, so I want to be on the safe side given I haven't got a spacer head-gasket in

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by culshaw View Post
    I'm supercharging the old darling, so I want to be on the safe side given I haven't got a spacer head-gasket in
    Sweet - any info on where you got the supercharger bits? Rough cost etc? To be honest I’m thinking of doing something similar - I’d prefer to do something mechanical rather than spend on a respray.