Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1993 Corrado VR6 Midnight Blue based in Northern Ireland

I wonder if the electric seats still move , got to be the best looking seats for the Rado. Does anyone know what option this was as you have the Reacaro cloth seats or what seat options were available ?? They are oringinal from factory ?

interesting thread.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...o-trim-options

These may well be the same seats in the car. Think they were only suppield on left hookers.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...-Price-Reduced
    https://petrolicious.com/articles/a-...asts-vr6-power
    Last edited by Keyo; 8th April 2019 at 2:21 PM.

Thanks for the replies everyone. The seats move still on both driver and passenger sides. One button adjusts the seat height at the back, the other adjusts the back part of the seat. The seats still have the usual lift-bar at the front to slide the seats back and forwards.

In terms of location the car is about 10 mins from George Best Airport in Belfast. Happy to pick anyone up and leave them back if they are genuinely interested. Belfast International airport is about 30 mins away but again no issues transporting someone if needed. It is also about 15 mins drive from the Belfast to Liverpool ferry terminal.

If you have any questions or need me to post a video of anything just let me know please.

Thanks !

Hi Everyone,

Quite a few enquiries about the car but no offers yet. A few people were asking about the spec. I have posted a picture of the delivery sticker which shows the various options (these can be decoded on-line on a few VW sites). I have also taken a photo of the service book to show how frequently he serviced the car when it was being driven.

Any other questions just let me know please.

Thanks, Angus.

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    I wonder if the electric seats still move , got to be the best looking seats for the Rado. Does anyone know what option this was as you have the Reacaro cloth seats or what seat options were available ?? They are oringinal from factory ?

interesting thread.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...o-trim-options

These may well be the same seats in the car. Think they were only suppield on left hookers.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...-Price-Reduced
    https://petrolicious.com/articles/a-...asts-vr6-power
    Looking at the photos, I'd say you are spot on with the 'left hooker' comment. The outer bolster on the passenger seat is showing a lot more wear than the outer bolster on the drivers seat which would be normal for a left hooker.

I’m not sure Leon, I always remember the seats being like that and I don’t remember him saying he changed them at any point. I posted the options codes from the original purchase sticker so not sure if those shed any more light. His wife didn’t have great mobility due to a medical condition so unless the extra wear was around how she had to manoeuvre to get in and out.

Enthusiast
    Typical VR6 option codes are shown below. The only mention of seats is Q1D .......... sports front seats

VR6

X2B = national sales program Great Britain
    B0N = component parts set, complying with vehicle type for Great Britain, various parts
    C5K = alloy wheels 9J x 19
    G0C = 5-speed manual transmission
    H1V = TYRES 205/50 R 15 V
    J1L = battery 280 A (60 Ah)
    M1M = 6-cylinder gasoline engine 2.9 L/140 kW VR6 Motronic, closed-loop catalytic converter, base engine is T6Q
    Q1D = sports front seats
    1AE = electronic differential lock (EDL/ABS)
    1G9 = space-saving spare wheel for temporary use, radial tire (5-hole)
    1MV = leather steering wheel
    3AE = outer right rear view mirror: flat, powered, heated
    3BF = outer left rear view mirror: convex, powered, heated
    T6Q = components for, base engine, unit 021.D
    3FD = electric sliding/pop-up sunroof
    9BA = without additional electric safety package
    9HA = without additional malfunction display
    9C2 = without special low beam mode but with "coming and leaving home" function for ROW"
    8GD = alternator 90A
    8RL = six loudspeakers (passive)
    8TD = rear fog light for driving on the left
    4A3 = seat heater for front seats separately controlled
    8BF = halogen headlight for driving on the left
    8WD = integrated front fog light
    1BA = standard suspension/shock absorption

Thanks Leon for sending.

I appreciate Northern Ireland isn't the handiest location for anyone interested. I know a few people on the forum are from N.Ireland. I'm happy if someone local on the forum would like to have a look at it in person even if they are not looking to buy it. They could then perhaps answer any questions independently about the condition etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GusNI View Post
    Thanks Leon for sending.

I appreciate Northern Ireland isn't the handiest location for anyone interested. I know a few people on the forum are from N.Ireland. I'm happy if someone local on the forum would like to have a look at it in person even if they are not looking to buy it. They could then perhaps answer any questions independently about the condition etc.

What you have to remember chap is that classic cars are a smaller market then mainstream cars, also I beleive people are actually still recovering costs from black friday , manic maonday, christmas ha ! It dont matter if they are not the original seats thay are sort after .
    Last edited by Keyo; 13th April 2019 at 5:05 AM.

Hi everyone, the VR6 is still for sale. I have had a lot of enquiries, a few viewings a quite a few tyre-kickers

I am going to be travelling quite a bit with work in the next few weeks so keen to get it off my driveway. I have reduced the price to £5k to try and seal the deal. Very good value for low mileage, two owner VR6 with good service history. Feel free to get in contact if you might be interested.

Problem is that it’s not roadworthy and therefore needs trailered away.
    Not cheap if you have to hire a trailer or arrange a transport agent, then ferry costs.
    Looks a nice car I’m sure those seats are American spec SLC seats.
    GLWS
    EX CORRADO OWNER
    CCGB# 3253