Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rallye

Rallye

i had one of those back in the year 2000 - cost me a bloody fortune it was just at the age where everything goes wrong and because everything was unique to the car its ££££. The original exhaust centre box was £1000. I sold it for buttons at the time and now regret it.

So much want
    94 16v Classic Green/Black Cloth M447BLE, 95 VR6 Aqua Blue/Black Cloth N585BUA, 95 VR6 Storm Mystic Blue/Black Lthr M200DAN, 94 VR6 Classic Green/Beige Lthr M159LYF, 96 VR6 Moonlight Blue/Black Lthr N866XSS, 94 VR6 Classic Green/Grey Lthr M803 XMB, 95 VR6 Storm Classic Green/Beige Lthr M964XSX, 94 VR6 Aqua Blue/Beige Lthr M420BOY, 95 VR6 Blackberry/Black Lthr N320MRN, 95 VR6 Storm Classic Green/Beige Lthr N804FLM

Quote Originally Posted by ger040 View Post
    i had one of those back in the year 2000 - cost me a bloody fortune it was just at the age where everything goes wrong and because everything was unique to the car its ££££. The original exhaust centre box was £1000. I sold it for buttons at the time and now regret it.
    I think the seller might of had to spend a amall fortune on it as they say on advert "relationship has runs it's course", the car is divorcing him ha!!

It was one to keep Ger, is your old Rallye still on the road / in the UK ?
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 9:05 PM.

i did the cardinal sin and traded it for a mk3 gti 8 valve (don't laugh please)

at the time it was bleeding me dry and looking back i actually carried out 90% of the faults before i sold it!

The last i heard was it was traded to another trader south of the border here in ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ger040 View Post
    i did the cardinal sin and traded it for a mk3 gti 8 valve (don't laugh please)

at the time it was bleeding me dry and looking back i actually carried out 90% of the faults before i sold it!

The last i heard was it was traded to another trader south of the border here in ireland
    Some car.

What colour/year was yours - I know of a few down south here and might be able to get a lead on it if it is still alive?

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

it was a 1990 it was tornado red and at the time it reg was G834 YNF

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Pretty cool. Although I don’t think black (or any very dark colour) does it any favours, kinda hides the flared wings too much.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    G834 YNF

Not taxed since 98, no Mot records held either

Once it crossed down south it might of been converted to a Republic of Ireland Registration therefore no longer part of the UK MOT scheme . It’s also possible that it has been shipped over to Europe or even sitting in a farmers barn collecting dust . Somehow you would need to know the current registration plate. Or if someone knows a owner of a red rallye in Ireland bound to be only a couple at most .

Amazingly most of the Rallye panels are still available, also with the negative of left hand drive I think if you really wanted one you could do well to get a RHD shell and pop a R32 engine in and purcahse the body panels. maybe get away with more 12 k but the selling on value might not be great and also minus four wheel drive of course.
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 12:18 PM.