Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will these wiper arms fit?

Will these wiper arms fit?

Hi Gang. I need to upgrade the ****e default arms and the closest I can find are the link below but the P/N is showing as 6X1955409 not 6X1955409A. Will these still fit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-LUPO-9...QAAOSwC11ZzMA1

Cheers
    J

I think they need to be the specific ones from a Lupo GTI, but am open to corrections - a search on here should bring up the info. I know that VW mysteriously upped the price on them once they realised there was a demand.

Some have also had luck with TT and BMW wipers. The other option is to simply dremel away the metal nub on each arms that stops the blades from making proper contact with the glass.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    The whole point for me was to fit superior aero wipers. I'm sure the part numbers are in the wiki?

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    The whole point for me was to fit superior aero wipers. I'm sure the part numbers are in the wiki?
    Do they really make that much of a difference? I know they are easier to fit and don't smear and look much better, but the rubber blade design is more or less the same. I have Lupo ones myself, but have never had a problem with standard wipers on other cars, especially the Bosch SuperPlus.

I thought the main reason to replace them on the Corrado was the spring tension and getting the blades closer to the glass, and they look more sporty to boot.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    The originals lift at speed, there's no negatives to this upgrade unless you're a purist

I'm not disputing that they lift at speed, the upgrade solves that, but I was wondering what makes aero blades better than standard apart from looks - after all you can get aero inserts for normal wiper arms as well.

Don't get me wrong, Lupo wipers are a great mod (I have them), but was trying to explain that there could be other less costly options that are nearly as effective.

The lifting can actually be corrected mostly by grinding part of the nub away, and I've also heard of stronger springs being swapped in.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Hi bringing this back alive.

I have some Lupo GTI wipers on my car which are two rhd (drivers side) Part number 6X2955410 C Which is correct.

I have a bit of screen been missed in the middle more passenger side by the wipers. I have replaced the blades with VW OE lupo GT blade wipers left and right . Still no joy.

Question is are you meant to have two interchangeable RDH (drivers side blades) as I changed mine with left and right.

To simplify do I buy two drivers side replacement for both wipers or I was correct buying left and right side?

Thank you tried searching on here but could not find the answer.
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 12:32 PM.

I've just checked what I'm using, and I've got 2x 6x2955426A wiper blades.
    They are the Lupo GTI driver's side, 475mm.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggsVR69 View Post
    I've just checked what I'm using, and I've got 2x 6x2955426A wiper blades.
    They are the Lupo GTI driver's side, 475mm.
    Ok thanks that may be my problem then. 100 percent sure chap it's two drivers side rubbers chap?

I have at present on passenger side the LHS rubber part no 1J2955425B (lupo GTI LHS passenger)

Heritage advertise the one for Corrado passenger maybe that is what caught me out.

https://www.vwheritage.com/1j2955425...-inch-vw-spare
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 5:23 PM.