Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will these wiper arms fit?

Cool - so they have the exchange rate spot on for once. Have ordered two over here as well.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

I'd say these could do the trick on the Lupo arms - 475mm for the driver's side and 500mm for the passenger, which is 30mm less than the Lupo standard passenger side and the ones that come in the A928S pack - assuming the hinge position is correct.

https://www.windscreenwipersdirect.c...475mm-158.html
    https://www.windscreenwipersdirect.c...-20-500mm.html

and works out at half the price of buying from VAG.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggsVR69 View Post
    Those blades wont work with Lupo GTI arms
    Why not, they work with my Audi TT ones - they fit practically every type of arm fitting there is, inc hook and the better aero pin type

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon View Post
    Why not, they work with my Audi TT ones - they fit practically every type of arm fitting there is, inc hook and the better aero pin type
    Ah ok, at first glance I thought they were the hook type. Didn't realise they were multi-fitment

Picked up the 6x2955426A Lupo GTI driver's side wipers from VW this morning and fitted them, and to be honest, not sure which I prefer.These are both 475mm, and fit fine, but leave a gap on the passenger side, which should definitely be longer.

The Bosch 928S aero set which I had been using previously is 475mmm and 530mm, but this is very close, but clears much more of the windscreen.

The thing is that all these blades have the mounting point in a different position along the length of the blade, so this changes the swept area.

I think the ideal would be 475mm driver's side and 500mm on the off side, with the mounting points positioned in the same place as on 928S set.

I'll take a look at some of the individual blades to see where the mount is, but from what I can see they can't be moves once the blade has been assembled - I'm not sure which I'm going to stick with really.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

I fitted mine today as well I think I have something wrong with my passenger wiper arm or the bolts needs adjusting as still hitting the lower plastic window trim on full speed if that makes sense. Also still missing part of the centre screen. Checked and my arms are x2 rhd drive Lupo GTi so a bit mythed by it!
    Last edited by Keyo; 4 Days Ago at 9:23 PM.

It could be that the spline on the passenger side arm is worn down, or that it needs to be re-seated slightly higher.

You can get a cool mini puller thing that looks like a small robot's claw for removing the wiper arms easily. If you come across a set of the the 928S blades at a reasonable price it would be interesting to compare, and see what you think.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Think your probably right chap sounds like the spline has worn , it sort of happens for the first minute or so and then the wiper seems to settle and not slam the trim anymore.

Regular
    Could be the motor/linkage?

I did my arms a while back, and it took me ages to set it up mm perfect so they don't foul the plastic. You can fix it to what seems the bottom of travel when stationary, but they still hit the trim when on full blast, as there just seems a lot of play in the mechanism.

I have set mine so they are quite a way up the screen when they come to a stop, but was the only way I could do it. On intermittent they don't go anywhere near the trim, but just stop short on full blast. I have a suspicion the motor being old and worn has something to do with it as well as I can't entirely manually force the wipers as far as their full range of travel when on, but not fully sure how.

Quote Originally Posted by oneohtwo View Post
    Could be the motor/linkage?

I did my arms a while back, and it took me ages to set it up mm perfect so they don't foul the plastic. You can fix it to what seems the bottom of travel when stationary, but they still hit the trim when on full blast, as there just seems a lot of play in the mechanism.

I have set mine so they are quite a way up the screen when they come to a stop, but was the only way I could do it. On intermittent they don't go anywhere near the trim, but just stop short on full blast. I have a suspicion the motor being old and worn has something to do with it as well as I can't entirely manually force the wipers as far as their full range of travel when on, but not fully sure how.
    Pretty much my exact thought. I have a spare complete mech - you can still get the passenger nipple that the wiper houses on to but drivers is obsolete, I have a complete spare mech - but these links are going to be a pain in the ronson in the future as they are obsolete.

Let me know if you fix it mate as I have exactly the same issue. I will also update if I manage to fix it.
    Last edited by Keyo; 2 Days Ago at 4:31 PM.