Thread: Back on the road

Back on the road

Hello all. 1996 Corrado VR6 back on the road after being sorned sept 2017... mot passed yesterday with only one advisory - crack in windscreen which autoglass is booked to replace Tuesday. Hopefully they donít make the mess of it they did in 2016 - was without my Corrado for 2 months whilst it got sorted in a body shop! As a newbie Iím unable as yet to post in the wanted section... might anyone know where I might find a Corrado roof rack? Also in the market for a leather drivers side seat or even just the backrest/upper. Thanks

Regular
    Welcome and great news on returning to the road.

Nice to see another one out of hibernation!
    I have a Thule roofrack that I’ve no intention of using again going begging. I’m close to M1 J30 if it’s convenient for collection?
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 058

Next to be brought out of hibernation will hopefully be my bmw K100 - Japanese import with 6000miles on the clock. Removed all the fairing but needs some time and money spent to get it looking right. Then I need to get back to sorting mk1 caddy. Tonedef Iíd be very interested in your Thule rack.... Iím afraid Iím up in Scotland though. I do have a friend down in Nottingham for the bank holiday weekend... being a new member Iím not sure if Iím able to send a PM yet.

Hello again.... seems nothing is ever simple with Autoglass! Has anyone had a windscreen successfully replaced in a Corrado recently? Seems the rubber trim that should push into the void between the screen and the surround doesnít fit properly. Windscreen has been replaced with saint gobain so should be decent quality. I ordered an original VW rubber trim to see if it fits any better. Just wondering if anyone has any advice please. Thanks

this is a very common issue - i had my windscreen fitted by a local fitter who took his time and did a first class job
    The original seal was refitted but after a quick run up to 60 mph the seal began to come adrift
    in the end i got hold of a tube of black windscreen sealant and put a fine bead along the top of the screen and pushed the seal
    home and have not had a problem since.
    i assume the problem is at the factory the screens were fitted by robot and are fitted within a fraction of mm which cannot be replicated
    by hand

Thanks ger040. Thatís what had been done previously. I should have asked the Autoglass lad to leave me some sealant. Iíd have thought autoglass might have used spacers around the screen to get it aligned proper.... wouldnít be hard

even with spacers there is the same problem

Here you go Sam, the best photo I could find with the roof rack fitted.

Roof Rack.jpg
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 058