Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate - what makes a Storm a better car than a normal VR?

Debate - what makes a Storm a better car than a normal VR?

Spun off from:
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...it-taken/page4

The golden oldie question - why is a a Storm better/more valuable/desirable than a standard late VR, considering the relatively minor and few differences in specification, and considering that you could order a better equipped VR from a dealer? The only way to check that they are genuine is with VW, and they weren't even the last 500 RHD cars off the factory floor.

Of course, the Storm badge adds 5BHP.

Don't get me wrong, I've looked at Storms and even had a hankering after one, but they were nearly always in worse condition than other VRs out there.

IMHO a Storm needs to be kept original and OEM to be worth having - or at least be capable and supplied with the parts needed to get it back to original. If you want to mod/convert, use a standard car. But each owner has their own take on this.

Let's see what you think.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Tbh my ex car had the standard rear wing and solitudes supplied with it. Apart from the coilovers it looked standard from the outside.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I'll keep the same view I had about this several years ago on a similar thread, I don't think the storm models are the holy grail of Corrados, if you had 2 groups parked at opposite ends of a carpark I'd walk to the standard cars first as you don't know what spec they are, then I'd cross the carpark and check out the storms with exactly the same enthusiasm.

I own a DBP with leather and a classic green storm, both standard and SORN ATM - too many cars lol

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    There's extra weight in the badges, and the layer of paint on the grill. So Storms are definitely slower than a VR.

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

Ha ha, is the gear shift not faster though because of the one on the center console trim, leading the better 0-60 times?

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Storms are not for me personally, they are not the colours I go for in a car, I prefer the other shades of blue available, and liked Oak Green on the Mk2 golf.

Speed lines are better.. those solitude rims are common and came from the golf.
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

In my eyes Solitude are damn ugly. Sorry Folks just my opinion.

I agree that the Speedlines are nicer, but the solitudes certainly look better with a drop
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are the opinions of those that know the car though. The reason they're sought after is because those that aren't so "in the know", see them as a limited edition. The fact there are only 250 in each colour (or more in classic green (including mine!)) means they are "rare", thus worth more. True, they're not to everyone's colour taste, and green splits opinion but I love it. More than any other green actually. But I think there are better colours out there, and I think aqua blue is far better than mystic personally. Remember you could spec a storm with everything available to the others aside from wheels and recaros. The only things left really were the VDO gauges and aircon! Aircon was added by dealerships, none of the other wheel choices were much kop. What else is there really, a reiger body kit. You can keep it! Lol.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982