Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debate - what makes a Storm a better car than a normal VR?

The "rarity" aspect feeds into my point that a Storm needs to be original. I'm not aware of any Storms having been ordered with any factory extras apart from what was in the brochure, except for the Diavia aircon, which was fitted by the dealers in the UK.

The strangest part was that VW were quite happy to supply the badge kits over the counter without needing a chassis number or proof of ownership - over the years we've seen quite a few fake cars, especially in green.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

The problem with the mystic blue is when it ages a bit it almost goes like a pink/ purple off colour. I like the the real dark blue like a midnight blue they had on the 964.

You mean like LC5M - moonlight blue that was available.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Yeah that's it class colour. My dream car would be a 993 C2S in that colour.
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 7:22 PM.

Administrator
    It's purely a badge. But a badge that does indeed make it a bit rarer than a regular VR6. I think it helped that the MK1 and MK2 Scirocco's had both had Storm models too so the name had some heritage.

Mystic Blue does look good on a Corrado too, as do Solitudes...

But the real holy grail is, for me, the Campaign. I'd love to own one of those, even now.

2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

Yeah, the Campaign is a proper special edition - for rarity's sake though I'd rather have an original VWM VSR.

The G60 Jet was kind of a limited run out budget edition in Europe. I don't think there were ever any specials in the US/Canada.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Yeah, the Campaign is a proper special edition - for rarity's sake though I'd rather have an original VWM VSR.

The G60 Jet was kind of a limited run out budget edition in Europe. I don't think there were ever any specials in the US/Canada.
    Very rare but I don't like the interior bit to ornate for my liking, call me boring but Ill stick to black leather.

Personally I’d like to own factory Nothelle VR . That must have cost some dough in the 90s .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post

Campaigns are more rare than a VWM VSR though.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Quote Originally Posted by seanl82 View Post
    Campaigns are more rare than a VWM VSR though.
    I know they're not, but it sure seems like it considering how few ever come up for sale. I've had cash saved twice for one, and spent it again on other things because I never had a chance to buy one!

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery