Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debate - what makes a Storm a better car than a normal VR?

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    Personally I’d like to own factory Nothelle VR . That must have cost some dough in the 90s .
    Weren’t they built in the uk by Scott’s?

I’m not sure Dox . As far as I’m aware , if you ordered your VR , G60 from VW and had the dough for the Nothelle treatment, the lump was built in Germany.

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    I know they're not, but it sure seems like it considering how few ever come up for sale. I've had cash saved twice for one, and spent it again on other things because I never had a chance to buy one!
    They are pretty rare in all honesty. I've probably only seen 3 for sale in the last 5 years or so. A few more shricks but thats not the same. I've never seen a Campaign for sale, or even seen one in the flesh. A true unicorn car that.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Very rare but I don't like the interior bit to ornate for my liking, call me boring but Ill stick to black leather.
    Well, we certainly stick to it in the summer...

Personally the Storm doesn't appeal to me any more these days than a standard VR6. A mate of mine had a green one and we always thought the cream interior should have been continued onto the dashboard (allowing for darker, easier to keep clean carpets). Having the black dash just seemed a bit half-hearted. I think they dug themselves a hole there.

Picture lifted from the internet.

Yeah, it's very weird that the center console is all cream, and then it just ends when it hits the black dash.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Yeah, it's very weird that the center console is all cream, and then it just ends when it hits the black dash.
    and not only that, a black gear knob, handbrake lever, door handles, and window switches. It's why I've kept the black speaker pods in my cream interior. At least it half-heartedly matches it's own half heartedness

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

I'd agree that there's no inherent advantage to having a Storm, unless you can find someone prepared to pay a premium to own one. I bough mine mostly because I like the mystic blue colour on a Corrado, suits the car really well and kind of changes in direct sunlight. Solitudes suit the car too imo, but as has been said, look best with a modest drop.

So, nothing really, but I kind of like mine. The first C I ever saw was dark blue and I think it kind of goes back to that.
    Mystic Blue Storm - H&R coilovers - Rear Neuspeed Anti-roll Bar - Magnex - Dieselgeek quick shift and Gruvenparts travel reducer - Few or no functioning brain cells - And a red Mk2 GTi 8v with a TSR-tuned motor.

Exclusivity and the badge, but not better.
    MY 1991 G60 CURRENTLY IN RESTORATION
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...-Daily-Project

But that's what annoys me about the storm - it's the fact that there's nothing significantly different or special about it apart from a name and a badge to make it limited and rare.

Look at the SWB Audi Sport Quattro - now that's a special car, albeit in a different league to the C.

Should the rarity value of Storms be judged by the number of badge sets that VW issued? Or maybe we should get a list of all VRs sorted by colour, and pick the one that's the rarest and see if that's worth more?

Just an opinion, but I think there has to be a real differentiator for a limited edition in terms of spec, but preferably also in performance.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Wasnt there a 3.0 24v corrado? That may have been the Nothelle one, cant be sure though. I think someone had one on the forum a few years back, cream leather with black piping..
    Last edited by fla; 1 Week Ago at 12:42 PM.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car