Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 263 cams + remap or stainless exhaust

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Multi Layer Steel head gasket, reputed to raise compression

Quote Originally Posted by tonedef View Post
    Wish it was, I'd have bought one.......been on the lookout for one at what I'd consider the right price (or more importantly what SWMBO would consider the right price) for almost twenty years!
    Every VSR I'd seen until the last couple of years has been around the £1200 mark.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    I'm a bit bias because I have a Shrick but I actually think it looks better then a VSR , the Shrick manifold sort of looks like a fist grasping on to the engine , showing my arty farty side there ha ! Totally understand why the VSR has more appeal though as it is VW Motorsport so has heritage.

There are ways and means gentlemen , I purchased my car for 3k with a Shrick, you could always by a Rado on the market with a Shrick and source a stock Mani and then flip the car . I saw a couple with a Shrick for around 4-5 k , they probably sold for a lot less.
    Ah but the VSR was designed to be on the VR6 as standard and as such, you don't need to remove it to replace the spark plugs like you do the Schrick! Granted, its not particularly difficult to do but thats a poor design feature in my opinion.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    cant wait to one day finish mine... all those goodies are sat in this... cams, gas flowed head, MLS, high compression wiseco pistons, over-bored, ported manifolds all matched, shrick manifold and new everything... all I need is the most precious thing.... time!
    This looks mint.

Quote Originally Posted by seanl82 View Post
    Ah but the VSR was designed to be on the VR6 as standard and as such, you don't need to remove it to replace the spark plugs like you do the Schrick! Granted, its not particularly difficult to do but thats a poor design feature in my opinion.
    I wouldn't let that put you off a Shrick it's nothing major and sparks don't get changed that often.

One thing I do wonder about though, what if the piggyback ECU failed would it be possible to replace this.
    Last edited by Keyo; 11th June 2019 at 7:07 PM.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    The Schrick tried to balance the inlet runners front and back, big banana, smaller banana etc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Every VSR I'd seen until the last couple of years has been around the £1200 mark.
    Really? Bloody hell I was hoping there’d have gone up a lot more than that. I’ve had mine about 6-7 years and I paid £900 (which was a bargain back then) so just assumed they’d be worth a fair bit by now. Then again it seems like nothing I own has gone up in value, everything I want has rocketed

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    One thing I do wonder about though, what if the piggyback ECU failed would it be possible to replace this.
    There used to be a company in America that made replacements, weren’t cheap but they were available. I don’t actually think there’s that much to them though, just a voltage trigger at a set RPM I think, so someone fairly clued up on electronics should be able to knock something up I would have thought.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I can't ever remember VSRs being that low, do you mean VGIs?

Quick google search

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...ld-for-the-VR6

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...otorsports-VSR

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Really? Bloody hell I was hoping there’d have gone up a lot more than that. I’ve had mine about 6-7 years and I paid £900 (which was a bargain back then) so just assumed they’d be worth a fair bit by now. Then again it seems like nothing I own has gone up in value, everything I want has rocketed

There used to be a company in America that made replacements, weren’t cheap but they were available. I don’t actually think there’s that much to them though, just a voltage trigger at a set RPM I think, so someone fairly clued up on electronics should be able to knock something up I would have thought.
    Yes It just controls the valve that triggers the round solenoid on top/middle of the Shrick that opens the flap that changes over on 4000 revs I believe , must also get the information from the ECU of the rev measurement, I believe you can program it to trigger the flap on certain rev readings, also the light changes colour on the piggy ecu when you hit the rev trigger for the flap.

Here is a good thread of someone who just managed to buy the Shrick Manifold without auxiliary components, the flap was broken and he manufactured a new one and managed to source the Solenoid and valve off Ford I think .

https://forums.mwerks.com/showthread...ICK-VGI-guru-s

Another great thread on the Shrick.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...nd-Information
    Last edited by Keyo; 11th June 2019 at 10:21 PM.

Not a chance in hell your seeing a vsr shy of the £1500 mark.....If you do more luck to you