Thread: Giorgetto Giugiaro De Lorean and MK1 Scirooco

Giorgetto Giugiaro De Lorean and MK1 Scirooco

You can really see the Mk2 Scirocco and Corrado in the front nose of the De Lorean.

Italian car designer Giorgetto Giugiaro designed the MK1 Scirocco in the early 70s amongst other greats like the Lotus Espirit.

De Lorean late 70s / 80s

You can see how VW then sort of used the nose of the De Lorean in the Scirocco MK2 design, and then then evolved on to the Corrado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDBbaGCCIhk

Here's a few prototype pics (you might already be aware of them)

Twin headlights make it look a bit like the DeLorean from the front.
    Some of those prototypes look a bit like a Passat

Most of these pics were originally in Car Styling magazine, I remember reading it at Uni over 20 years ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, interesting to see - here's another great book that has many of the same pictures and more besides - German only though.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=9783958...ks&linkCode=qs

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggsVR69 View Post
    Here's a few prototype pics (you might already be aware of them)

Twin headlights make it look a bit like the DeLorean from the front.
    Some of those prototypes look a bit like a Passat

Most of these pics were originally in Car Styling magazine, I remember reading it at Uni over 20 years ago
    The back end om the one picture almost looks like that Citreon model , thank god they didn't go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    The back end om the one picture almost looks like that Citreon model , thank god they didn't go with that.
    Yeah I agree, very Renault 19/Citroen BX love child esque! lol. The bosses did well not to sign off on those and tweak them to what we have today. Much better and more modern looking than the concepts above. Some of it does seem relatively subtle (front and rear light clusters, & rake of rear hatch and deeper chin spoiler etc), but its made a massive difference.
    Last edited by seanl82; 2 Weeks Ago at 9:05 PM.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruno Sacco and Gior matured their designs in the same circles, they are the Raphaelites of car design. Thankfully we seem to be escaping the bubble design, Mk7 golf has got to be the best shape since the Mk2.

I use to like that Renault 19 16V the sports version in that dark blue. Just looked out of curiosity not one for sale in the UK from what I can see.
    Last edited by Keyo; 2 Weeks Ago at 9:20 PM.