Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for a radiator

looking for a radiator

Hi Looking for a radiator for VR6. any ideas where to buy one from?

thanks.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Hella replacement off of ebay. I paid less than £100 for mine last year, perfect fit and recommended
    Cress
    95 VR6
    One day she will drive out of my Garage

I was looking a while ago, everyone currently out of stock and quoting September before they were expecting any in. I’m just running on the old leaking one a keeping an eye on coolant level for now.
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 058

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tonedef View Post
    I was looking a while ago, everyone currently out of stock and quoting September before they were expecting any in. I’m just running on the old leaking one a keeping an eye on coolant level for now.
    It's the same story for the G60 and I have been running on a leaky rad since 2 weeks after getting the car. It's starting to get a bit irritating now to be fair.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Anyone had any luck finding somewhere with OEM / Hella replacement radiator in stock for a VR6?
    95 Aqua Blue VR6

Enthusiast
    Depending on where it's leaking, you may be better off getting it re-cored. Means your car will be off the road for a few days of course.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Hi Simeon, thanks for the reply. I never thought or had any experience of re-coring the original. The radiator is not leaking yet, but has a bit of a bulge at the bottom, and I was looking to replace over the winter when I have the front end off the car, so there will be no problem having to wait a few weeks.

Can anyone recommend somewhere? I will need to courier radiator back and forth as I live in the far north of Scotland, so no where is local 🤦🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Corroda View Post
    Anyone had any luck finding somewhere with OEM / Hella replacement radiator in stock for a VR6?
    I believe the Hella radiators are now obsolete, I looked around and everywhere shows out of stock. I'm sure I also saw a post that someone had contacted Hella who confirmed they are no longer into coolant parts and no plans to make any more rads.

Couple of us on CCGB FB have been considering get a price for a group buy for ali rads, but won't be cheap.
    a.k.a. JamesGS - CCGB Membership Secretary

92 VR6 - Flash Red, 99% OEM and loving it!
    95 VR6 - Classic Green with Recaro, my pride & joy (SOLD)
    95 VR6 - Classic Green, unfinished project (SOLD)

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I’d be happy to consider an aluminium radiator, but would like something that fits without modifying the car. The only radiators i’ve seen are for VR6 turbo conversion, and i’m not sure if they fit without modification.

What are the pros and cons of the aluminium radiator over a re-core. Apologies if this has already been discussed to death on here.

Potentially some available in December is the latest update I had. I’m SORNed now so it’s no longer affecting me but can see this causing issues for some.
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 058