Thread: Looking for Sunroof components to fix mine!

Wink Looking for Sunroof components to fix mine!

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for one particular part that broke on my corrado, I think it is called the slider on the passenger side PN 722-686-988. I will try to attach a picture of it once I find out how

If any one might have a sunroof assembly available it would be great to have it for spare parts as well.

First time posting here,still learning how to upload pics

Thx
    Last edited by Daniel.Munoz.Roman; 1 Week Ago at 6:43 PM.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Welcome aboard, but unfortunately you are after the holy grail part of a corrado. Long obsolete. We just need someone to manufacture it..?. Hopefully
    And apologies if you can't access all of the site at the moment..... we have a problem!!
    Cress
    95 VR6
    One day she will drive out of my Garage

just on this point, is anyone able to do a 3D scan that i can then send to my suppliers to produce? Was kindly sent the key sunroof part by another forum member.

thanks
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

I’m not 100% Hasan , but I’ve got some sunroof parts in the man cave . I will check this evening. If I have the sliders I will send them to you .
    Kind regards
    Rob

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

The passenger side is the one that always seems to break first, so can be difficult to find even second-hand. In terms of reproducing it, did it even come as a separate part originally or was it not attached to the cable?

I have a spare cassette at home, but that slider snapped as soon as I tried to operate the mechanism - if you do get hold of, or have, a spare unit, I'd recommend taking it apart and cleaning/lubricating everything before attempting to operate it, just in case.
    Last edited by fendervg; 1 Week Ago at 11:10 AM.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Possibly the cable is all one unit made into the slider/s, and yes my passenger side slider snapped first, = made of Mickey mouse metal unfortunately

Another vote for 3D scanning please

Si
    Had MK2 1.8 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002
    had it lowered on original wheels,
    K&N air fitler and Janspeed exhaust system.

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it,
    been off the road now since early 2015
    hoping to get it finished this year.

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver.

I think it is - I remember getting hold of one of the last cable repair kits about 8 years ago, and it had the ends attached to the cable, although they seemed to be of a different metal to the originals.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Thanks Rob - sorry, my comment wasnt clear (as usual!), our forum member DGL kindly sent me a broken piece.
    There are a couple of IT companies near our office i'll try and get one of them to create a 3D scan...
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

No problem Hasan .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.