Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corrado as a Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Earwig View Post
    Daily drove mine for 9 years but I certainly wouldn't drive one every day now because of how small it is vs how many dumb f'cks there are on the roads. It's too rare to risk being written off by a texting Yoga mum.
    Agreed the guy that did my MOT yesterday was telling me how his Cavalier Turbo was written off by a lady who didn't see him because of the sun in her eyes, however at the same time was logging in to facebook on her Iphone whilst putting on here lipstick and sipping a coffee at the same time.

Yep. Phone use in cars is rife now. I've lost count of how many times I've nearly lost my MK5 because of other people, but when I daily drove my VR6, I rarely had any near misses. Even in the last 10 years it feels like the driving population has doubled, along with a massive decline in driving standards. I think I would feel safer driving in India or the far east.

On a lighter, more practical note: I still maintain the VR6 was the best FWD car I've owned for winter driving. All that weight over the nose helps traction!

Another nightmare are the motorways, HGV numbers have gone up by 60 % since the boom of internet shopping, why oh why they didnt use the infrastructure of the old railways lines in the last 20 years or so to build the supermarkets etc is beyond me, and now they have shut the emergency lane in my city on the motorways with this crappy smart motorway system, so many people are going to be in fatal collisions with HGv when they brake down in the slow lane and there is now layby to rest in. Horrific planning from central government, for christ sake I use do scaffolding in the old rover works and they even had their own railway that loaded the cars, we have gone backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Earwig View Post
    Yep. Phone use in cars is rife now. I've lost count of how many times I've nearly lost my MK5 because of other people, but when I daily drove my VR6, I rarely had any near misses. Even in the last 10 years it feels like the driving population has doubled, along with a massive decline in driving standards. I think I would feel safer driving in India or the far east.

On a lighter, more practical note: I still maintain the VR6 was the best FWD car I've owned for winter driving. All that weight over the nose helps traction!
    Do you still have any unicorn pars Kev , ie VDO gauges , schrick manifolds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Do you still have any unicorn pars Kev , ie VDO gauges , schrick manifolds etc.
    Ha ha - I'd say he only has some traces of the unicorn droppings on the floor left at this stage.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Sadly not! There weren't many VR6 parts left in my Corrado after I'd finished with it

Is Schimmel Performance still around? If so, they still do the 263 cams and other tasty VR6 bits. I liked their oil filter housing, which had 3 or 4 ports for sensors and ditched the annoying cartridge filter in favour of a cheaper, more convenient spin on job.

Are R32 parts now becoming thin on the ground like the Corrado , can you nick a lot parts of the Audi TT ? I actually nearly sold my Rado last week but pulled out of it because I was getting fed up with the cost of sourcing parts but decided to stay with her, totally agree with you they have come to an age when they need to be preserved. I have a Golf Mk2 16V its a joy to own parts are in an abundance, wings £60 new, bonnet £88 new a pure joy ha !
    Last edited by Keyo; 3 Weeks Ago at 5:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Ha ha - I'd say he only has some traces of the unicorn droppings on the floor left at this stage.
    I bet he has VSR under his bed for a rainy day, more appreciation then a Rolex.

Yeah, a good investment!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Another nightmare are the motorways, HGV numbers have gone up by 60 % since the boom of internet shopping, why oh why they didnt use the infrastructure of the old railways lines in the last 20 years or so to build the supermarkets etc is beyond me, and now they have shut the emergency lane in my city on the motorways with this crappy smart motorway system, so many people are going to be in fatal collisions with HGv when they brake down in the slow lane and there is now layby to rest in. Horrific planning from central government, for christ sake I use do scaffolding in the old rover works and they even had their own railway that loaded the cars, we have gone backwards.
    Yep. They've just built a humungous warehouse that the yocals call 'The sugar cube' here in Ipswich, which has totally ruined the valley views from my back yard It's basically a delivery hub for Amazon and all the stuff that comes off the boats at Felixstowe port. Guess what is right behind said warehouse? A huge freight train hub. Do they use it? Do they feck!

The whole town is totally jammed up all day, every day with unmarked white vans, HGVs and light trucks delivering Asos and Amazon shat! And of course, the traffic is further worsened by said drivers having to collect 100s of Asos returns from post offices! My missus is guilty of that. She orders about 5 sizes of the same garment, just in case, and sends back the ones that don't fit, ffs

The internet and computer software are ruining us as a species. The sheer volume of displaced employees taken over by machine learning is going to be a massive problem in the next decade or two. I'm glad I'll be dead before the planet really hits rock bottom
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32