Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Oil Sensor Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by vw rule View Post
    For me personally I'd say (12 to 15 ft.Ib) max for the oil pressure switch, do not tighten anymore then that.

Si
    No I tell a lie I've just found the torque setting for the oil pressure switches.

25Nm (18 ft.Ib from Bentley Manual

I'd still be careful torquing them up to this setting as they can easily break.

Si
    Had MK2 1.8 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002
    had it lowered on original wheels,
    K&N air fitler and Janspeed exhaust system.

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015
    hoping to get it finished this year.

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Link to 16v torque settings & ECU pin locations.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...fuel-pressures

Thanks Si,

I've put the old one on now, the new one comes to replace it, I just tightened it in till it set then did a small little turn. It was the switch that threaded right at the top, such a waist but only about £15.00 and at least I got the torque settings for the injector lines, I wonder if the injectors are the same torque as the small banjo bolt that fit on the other end of the injector line from the metering head .

Just an explanation of what Im doing, the fuel injector lines were really rusty on my 1.8 16V and shaming the engine bay, I have sent them to Hel performance to custom manufacturer some (7in total). You can buy some standard braided lines(off the shelf) from Hel Performance and Goodrich but they look pretty bad as dont have the turns and curves in them and look like an Octopus is humping your engine.

Off the shelf are about £150.00

Custom made are £250.00 ( you have to send your old fuel injector lines to them to be re created) takes up to 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Thanks Si,

I've put the old one on now, the new one comes to replace it, I just tightened it in till it set then did a small little turn. It was the switch that threaded right at the top, such a waist but only about £15.00 and at least I got the torque settings for the injector lines, I wonder if the injectors are the same torque as the small banjo bolt that fit on the other end of the injector line from the metering head .
    I've had one or two break in the past,
    to be honest it is easily done, as they're such a small fine thread, plus they can easily cross thread.
    The oil pressure switch thread possibly is parallel, meaning it's even and straight.

The coolant temp senders sometimes can be tapered thread but not always.

I can't see any torque settings for the fuel pipe to injector, so you'll need two spanner's, one for injector to stabilize it so it can't spin round, and the other to do up the retaining nut on the end of pipe.

Si

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Just an explanation of what Im doing, the fuel injector lines were really rusty on my 1.8 16V and shaming the engine bay, I have sent them to Hel performance to custom manufacturer some (7in total). You can buy some standard braided lines(off the shelf) from Hel Performance and Goodrich but they look pretty bad as dont have the turns and curves in them and look like an Octopus is humping your engine.

Off the shelf are about £150.00

Custom made are £250.00 ( you have to send your old fuel injector lines to them to be re created) takes up to 2 weeks.
    Fair play getting new fuel pipes made,
    I've had my low pressure fuel pipes repaired with new hose ends, the one's above fuel tank, and had the long main fuel pipe's repaired from fuel metering head to high pressure fuel pump housing.

I'm surprised they weren't leaking as the hose ends and special crimp fixings were heavily perished / corroded.

Si

Thanks Si , I would like to do my return and feed fuel pipes in the engine bay as well , you can get the one off classic vw in the Uk for about £30.00 .

Thanks Si , I would like to do my return and feed fuel pipes in the engine bay as well , you can get the one off classic vw in the Uk for about £30.00 .
    Oh right ok, cheers.

Si

Thanks for the Part Numbers, very useful!

I'm still trying to work out which ones to use, i now have the 2 pressure switches fitted into the oil filter housing.

I now need to find a suitable temp sensor, i need one that takes a single spade connector as per the other 2... the part number you mentioned shows a sensor with a different type of fitting and i believe is to go on the head?

To clarify this has only become an issue because i am building a cleaned bay 16v abf on Jenvey ITB's and i build it up from a bare block without the old one for reference ( big mistake lol ) also i have a bespoke wiring loom to add to the mix.

Part of the build includes ensuring the loom doesn't have to travel all over the bay so im trying to keep sensors close to each other (within reason).

Also coming back to this build after are few years has not helped lol....

The help and knowledge on here has proved super useful. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by corradlo View Post
    Thanks for the Part Numbers, very useful!

I'm still trying to work out which ones to use, i now have the 2 pressure switches fitted into the oil filter housing.

I now need to find a suitable temp sensor, i need one that takes a single spade connector as per the other 2... the part number you mentioned shows a sensor with a different type of fitting and i believe is to go on the head?

To clarify this has only become an issue because i am building a cleaned bay 16v abf on Jenvey ITB's and i build it up from a bare block without the old one for reference ( big mistake lol ) also i have a bespoke wiring loom to add to the mix.

Part of the build includes ensuring the loom doesn't have to travel all over the bay so im trying to keep sensors close to each other (within reason).

Also coming back to this build after are few years has not helped lol....

The help and knowledge on here has proved super useful. Much appreciated
    Oil temp sender
    Part number 049 919 563A
    Normally fits in back of head the side facing exhaust manifold, should fit top left on 9A & ABF
    But the KR might be on the oil filter housing.

2.0 16v 9A ABF
    Coolant temp switch (2 pin)
    white connector block
    Part number 026 906 161

Normally fits in back of head under distributor.

2.0 16v 9A ABF
    Coolant sender for temp gauge,
    single spade round connection.
    Colour = White
    Temp range = 0 - 150°C
    Thread M10 X 1mm
    OEM Part number 027 919 501 ??

KR 9A ABF
    Coolant temp sensor
    single spade flat connection.
    Colour = Black
    Spade diameter 6.3 mm
    Temp range 0 - 125°C
    Thread = M10 X 1mm
    OEM Part number 027 919 501
    VW Heritage 049 919 501

Looks like you can also get this sender with the single round connection (colour black) same part number 049 919 501

Si
    Last edited by vw rule; 16th September 2019 at 4:21 PM.

I fitted one of these to and you can still get from Vw .