Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abs pump 358614217 :)

Abs pump 358614217 :)

Hi guys Iím looking for an abs pump to get my Corrado back in business!! Thank you

What type of engine C is it for as they are different - G60/16v/VR?

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Ooo not sure I will check.. I know itís the 2.9 vr6 and itís L reg. the part number as in the title. 358614217

ABS pumps for VR6 have been extensively discussed, and are sadly hard to source in good working order. What do you believe is wrong with it? Have you pulled the fault codes from the ABS control unit?

Only asking this as there are plenty of other parts that can fail in the system that are cheaper.

If you've just won the lottery, VW are still selling them new for just over £1000. Other options are a second hand one, but many of those are also fauly, or some have had luck getting a company called BBA-Reman to chekc them over and refurb. however the feedback seems to be mixed. This will still cost you a couple of hundred with no guarantee that the donor unit is repairable.

Some have opened them up and noticed that bad solder joints on the PCB on the bottom could be causing the problems and have had these repaired.

Or, ever more popular, is to do an ABS delete, or upgrade to a later more modern system from the Mk3/Passat, but this is not a two spanner job and you need to source the parts.

Hope this helps a little with the options, you might get offered a part on here, or other helpful info.
    Last edited by fendervg; 1 Week Ago at 6:24 PM.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Thanks for all the info.

I just had a reply from a company called ďEcu testingĒ they are sending mine back just saying they canít do anything with it. Do you think I should give BBA a call?

The fault codes are as follows:

00280 valve 2 for differential lock -N126-lost23
    00279 valve 1 for differential lock -N125-lost23

Thanks.

Yes or upgrade your abs system to Teves20 , can be found on the forum if you use search function.

I do have an abs ECU available but I dealt this would solve your problem but I'm no expert on the system, maybe others could advise.
    Last edited by Keyo; 1 Week Ago at 9:55 PM.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyo View Post
    Thanks for all the info.

I just had a reply from a company called “Ecu testing” they are sending mine back just saying they can’t do anything with it. Do you think I should give BBA a call?

The fault codes are as follows:

00280 valve 2 for differential lock -N126-lost23
    00279 valve 1 for differential lock -N125-lost23

Thanks.
    I can't ever remember seen those codes before? Has your ABS ever worked?

We reset it once and the codes went away. As soon as I tried to use the abs they came back.

I donít think I can afford an upgrade of the abs so would prefer to keep it standard if possible.

Iíve got one off of my J reg g60 if itís any good to you?

Thanks is the part number 358614217