Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who PM'd Kevin Bacon recently about an R32 intake/silicon elbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Earwig View Post
    The love is still strong on the CF..... I'm welling up
    Ha ha - there is nothing like deep fried pork produce.....

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

How much does it cost to run a forum? Perhaps a few of us could take it over and move it onto a better, more modern platform?
    That would be good . Not that I want to interfere with any current mods n stuff. I’m a little worried about the forum though. It’s such a great place for info and the people on here a good bunch .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Always keep an eye out for a tidy Mk5 GTI in case my wallet is feeling frisky.

Now the kind of banter we see above is what this forum has been missing - reminds me of when I joined up around 2008/9. There's been a thread to discuss what the future of the forum might be and what direction to take, but there hasn't been much visible movement on it.

I think most people were happy to donate, but not to make it a completely closed site. I work in IT, so more than happy to help out as an admin or with forum software maintenance and issues - the big roadblock for all message board platforms at the moment seems to be image hosting and associated costs - this is why most newbies just head straight for FB as they can just snap and post - but it's just so horrible and useless for knowledge sharing and searching.
    The cheese and ham thread is still stickied in Off Topic for a bit of nostalgia I can't find the all time classic Angel Eyes thread though! That kept everyone gripped for days

Do [img][/img] links from image hosting sites still work, or is just uploading images to this site that's broken?

Oh dear god what have I done, I woken a ham and cheese giant! Welcome back kev earwig-bacon-piano-wire though, not fancy another rado?

Red 16v gone and long forgotten
    Red VR32.. Always a work in progress

Once you open a cracker barrel you can never get the lid back on!

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    I'm not 100 percent sure, I think the chap is called Toby, others will know better , members are concerned about the survival of the site , there is a thread about the future of the forum that is on here a couple of months back.
    I think it is Toby his user name is t700bes

Si
    Had MK2 1.8 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002
    had it lowered on original wheels,
    K&N air fitler and Janspeed exhaust system.

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015
    hoping to get it finished this year.

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Link to 16v torque settings & ECU pin locations.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...fuel-pressures

Enthusiast
    Good to see you back Kev

CF Nutter

Lol, seems us older folks cant stay away.....also have an Ed30 as well, lol. Although I am contemplating selling. Thought about another Corrado numerous times but not sure.

It would be a shame to loose the info on this forum for sure.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Howdy Mr Golden Finger of Fudge How's your beast? The one on 4 wheels
    ha ha the beast is doing well m8

i treated the VR to some JL audio 6.25" fronts to sit in the Audioscape door pods i got ages ago, modifying them to fit the late window switch was a doddle.

i have also booked it in for a full window out resto paint job with an extremely reputable guy in Feb & the plan is to have the Kamei skirt kit i got off goldie on here put on at the same time (the same kit i have on the 16v)

the poor 16v on the other hand hasnt moved for about 18 months - hopefully nothing too major will have eaten itself by the time i get it back on the road again lol

nice to hear you are still enjoying your motor m8 - out of interest how far are you from Stratford upon Avon? i was thinking of potentially trying to organise a corrado meet at the Caffiene & machine place there next spring
    Bramber metallic VR6 bring on the grins as the VR sings!!!!
    Stealth head rebuild, 263's, BMC CDA, Roose M/Sport hoses, VT engine mount, KW V1s
    KUR2Y loom, daves16v short shifter, 2.5" Longlife SS exhaust with sport cat, lots of shiny bolts & 210bhp
    Alpine White 1.8 16v, Kamei skirts, Powerflow SS exhaust, back on my drive April 2014